I wish I never came here

Haikyu!! 3

Turning to the man I started asking the basic questions and conversation starters you'd learn online.

Asahi didn't answer any of them, and then (and only then) did I realise I was being what the Japanese call 'rude' as they wouldn't ask another person to speak about themselves.

"I'm so sorry!" I cried out, making him stop walking. "Please forgive me!" I screamed in English, hoping he understood. The nod he gave told me he understood slightly.

Sighing, I used a hand waving motion to silently ask 'Shall we continue?'before walking slowly. If we weren't late before, we were definitely late now.

It was a wee while before we got to Karasuno and I just noticed it meant 'Crow' or 'Raven'.

That's so cool!

The school is not what if think it'd be. But, it was still very crowded.

Asahi kept walking forward and I think he was leading me to the school office.

We walked up stairs and around corners for him to suddenly stop.

This doesn't look like an office...

He turned around and looked shocked to see me still behind him and started spluttering out some nonsense. I turned my head down in embarrassment and mumbled a quick "Gomenasai..." He noticed and held up one finger as a 'One moment' and walked into the room.

It was several minutes before a (slightly smaller) boy with grey hair on top his head to walk out. He had an amazing shade of brown in his eyes and he smiled wide before speaking in English,
"Hello! I am Sugawara Koushi, it's nice to meet you!"

My smile couldn't be any wider at the thought of someone else who spoke and understood English!

"Hi! My name is Ealasaid! Thank the Lord! Someone can speak my language!" I nearly cried tears of joy. "Can you help me around the school?"

"Ah, Gomen, I have class. I can show you to the office though." He said, slipping up halfway through without realising it.

I ran up to him and matched his pace,

"Thank you!" I nearly shouted when I caught up to him.

"If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?" Sugawara asked.

"Oh! I'm 16... I think I'm meant to be in second year..?" I trailed off unsure.

It looked like it took him a moment to think about what I said. He repeated my words to himself, as if problem solving. He looked back at me and smiled, "I have uh... Friends in your uh... Ye-ar." He was thinking really hard about this so I smiled at his effort.

"Really?" I asked, now intrigued.

Yes!, Tanaka-San and Nishinoya-san!" Sugawara seemed really happy. Is it not normal to have friends here?

We stopped out side another room and Sugawara knocked on the door and looked at me expectantly.

"Hello? I mean... Uh... What is it...? Ohayo?" I ask, unsure.

A bunch of teachers look up and notice my struggle, "ah! Hello! Ealasaid? Yea?"  One of the teachers ask me and I nod to this, "I almost forgot about you. Your class is 2.3, I hope you find your time here educational!" And like that, he shut the door.

I look up to see Sugawara had gone as well.

Gosh Darn it!

I... Am lost. I have been walking around this floor looking for the stairs Sugawara could've walked up or down.

The bell went and soon the halls flooded with Japanese students who were all abuzz with conversations for the interval. How will I ever get to class?

I walked up to a group of girls, now realising my bright red hair shone in the crowd of brown and black.

"Could I please have help?" I asked in Japanese,

"Why would we help you?" I think they said as the girls seemed offended by my presence.

"I'm new, please? I'll leave you alone after..." I trailed off, hoping I got the Japanese correct.

"What is it?" One of the girls asked

"I need to get to 2.3, where is it?" I ask once more. And thankfully, the girl actually gave me directions! Who knew?

But, it was in Japanese to the point where I didn't understand. So ironic, I ask for help and I don't understand.

I think I died a little...

When she finished I just smiled and said thanks before turning on my heel and heading the way she pointed. I walked up some stairs to find the roof.

This is not the classroom.

The roof gave the spectacular view of the town and I could even see my house!  It had white walls and a grey roof like all the other houses so I wasn't too sure that it actually was my house...

I sat down. Now hungry, sad and tired,  I just felt like curling up into a ball and crying. And I did just that.

I missed all of the morning classes because no one would show me around, or I'm not fluent enough to understand directions.

We shouldn't have moved here.