▬▬ 03. PLATONIC

Start from the beginning

⠀⠀"Good morning," James greeted cheerily, his hands in his jeans pockets and his jacket hanging slightly off his body. His hair was a mess, and his glasses were slightly tilted off his nose. He took a seat next to Laurel, who was too busy spreading butter across her toast to notice him, while Evan sat next to Callen, and Asher across from the four of them, placing himself awkwardly next to Dominique. She was half asleep, as she spent her Friday night staying up late and catching up on some Muggle TV show called Doctor Who that Rose had introduced her to. She had been babbling about Amy Pond and Rory Williams the whole way to breakfast.

⠀⠀"Good morning," Laurel greeted, turning to him to acknowledge him. There it was again. Her bright blue eyes hit him again and he had to blink a few times to lull himself back to reality. Laurel didn't notice as she turned back to her toast, placing her butter knife down and taking a bite with satisfaction.

⠀⠀"Ready for Quidditch?" Dominique asked after making herself wake up.
⠀⠀"Are you really asking that question?" James asked, cocking an eyebrow at his sleepy cousin.
⠀⠀"Just answer the question, Potter," Laurel said, chuckling and shaking his head.

⠀⠀James turned to the girl, his expression amused. After the whole pudding thing, he found it a lot easier to talk to Laurel, no longer tripping over his words.

⠀⠀"After all of that, you're referring to me through my last name?" James asked jokingly, a small smirk appearing on his face.
⠀⠀"After all of what?" Asher asked, confused. He seemed to be speaking for everyone else, looking between the two.
⠀⠀"Nothing," Laurel waved it away and was about to respond to James' question when two hands landed on her shoulders. She jerked her head around and found her brothers, Lysander and Lorcan, standing there, a sardonic smile on both their faces.

⠀⠀Lysander and Lorcan were exactly alike and very similar in facial features to Laurel. They had blond hair that was tied into a short ponytail on the back of their heads, a few fly away hairs falling out. While Laurel had curly hair like their mother, the twins had straight hair like their father. They were both a head taller than Laurel, which she hated immensely. They always belittled her for being the younger one and the shorter one and it was annoying. But she loved them anyway.

⠀⠀Lorcan was a Chaser on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team, while Lysander was lazy and played no sports. How he kept himself in shape was another story. He preferred to stay in the library with some books and resorted to writing stories instead of playing Quidditch. Lorcan, however, was never seen without his broomstick or something related to Quidditch in hand. The three always joked that Lysander kept himself fit by climbing the massive library shelves to find books and put them away.

⠀⠀"Good morning, sister," Lysander said, a slightly sardonic smile on his face.

⠀⠀Laurel rolled her eyes, turning back around to face her friends, plucking Lysander's hand off her shoulder.

⠀⠀"You only call me 'sister' when you want me to buy something for you," Laurel huffed, pulling out her hand. "Give me the money and I'll buy it."
⠀⠀"Well, aren't you lovely," Lysander said, grinning. Lorcan pulled out a bag of change and placed it in Laurel's hand.
⠀⠀"Save the sugar-coated requests. There's a list inside with everything," Lorcan stated simply. "Thank you."
⠀⠀"And if you didn't give me enough money—"
⠀⠀"We promise to pay you back," Lorcan said quickly as he stiffened at the reminder.
⠀⠀"You both owe me five Galleons each," Laurel said haughtily. "And they're long overdue."
⠀⠀"Okay, fine," Lysander huffed, rolling his eyes. "We'll pay you back next week, Little Leaf."
⠀⠀"You'd better," Laurel said as the twins started heading off. "Or I will ruin your stories and your Quidditch game!"