Which it is.

Of course.

Hand in hand, we walk over to the entrance of the building.

When we go through the door, I'm completely taken aback by the vastness of this place

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

When we go through the door, I'm completely taken aback by the vastness of this place. The endless spiral-shaped walkways loom over us.

I look at Dodie. The strong and determined look in her eyes surprises, yet comforts me. Whatever's gonna happen, Dodie's going to get me through it.

She looks up at me and seems to notice my most likely very nervous face. She smiles encouragingly, and gives my hand a little squeeze. Everything's gonna be alright, is what she means. Just follow my lead.

We walk up to one of the five giant help desks, from which a woman with silver-streaked black hair and a pair of blue spectacles dangling from her neck looks down at us and smiles.

''Good afternoon, how can I help you two today?'' She says cheerily.

Why's everyone so happy and fluffy around us today?

I look at my tux.

At Dodie's white dress.

At the ring on her finger.

At our fingers intertwined.

Oh, yeah. Right.

''Yes'', Dodie starts off. ''We have scheduled a private ceremony here at 5?''

The woman looks at a list of some sort on the computer next to her.

''Dorothy Clark and Evan Edinger?'' She says after a moment.

''That's us.'' Dodie says.

She opens and closes a few drawers underneath her desk, and eventually pulls out a substantial amount of forms and hands them to us.

''There you go, If you would just go through that corridor and take the second door on the left'', she says while pointing in the accurate direction. ''And fill out these for me, then someone will be right with you to talk through the details, and you'll start the ceremony, okay?'' She told us with a big smile on her face.

''Alright, thank you Miss'' Dodie says politely.

While walking away, she subtly squeezes my hand to let me know it's alright. With her walking slightly ahead, we go through the door.

***

My wedding takes place in the drabbest room in history. Dodie and I stand in a room with vomit-coloured carpet and beige walls. There are a few chairs stacked up in the corner, which I guess they use whenever people have some guests at their wedding here. In the front of the room, there's a simple lectern on which someone put a small bouquet in a vase, probably in a failed attempt to brighten the place up a little. On the wall behind the lectern hangs a small wooden cross on a spike in the wall, which probably is so that they can take it off if atheists get married here. I have a hard time believing that there still are rooms like this in one of the most modern and innovative buildings in the city.