Surprises & Smart***es

Chapter Text

Allison had never ridden on an airplane. It didn’t make things better that her first was with her shit boss. She looked across the plane at the other people aboard. Most of them looked very calm, like they have done this a thousand times. One young girl sitting across the aisle from Allison caught her attention though; she was tearing at the edges of her pamphlet she was holding in her lap. Allison even noticed she was grinding her teeth. Behind the young girl was a man sitting next to his wife presumably, holding a baby, who also looked scared to death, clutching the poor thing as if his life depended on it. Allison straightened back into her chair, her whole body tensing up.

Oh god, I’m gonna die.

“So…how long is this plane ride going to be exactly?” Allison glanced over at Tom for an answer. He looked rather relaxed, already leaned back slightly in his seat, breathing deeply. “Oh, only about 6-7 hours I presume.”

“Only?” Allison’s hands started shaking. She grabbed onto the arm rests of her chair to keep from fainting.

Breathe in and out. Come on Allison you can do this. I mean you knew you were going across the Atlantic; of course it was going to be more than a couple hours.

Tom noticed her sudden change in demeanor. He reached inside his suitcase for something and pulled out some medicine.

“Here take this, it will calm you down.”

Allison looked up at him, still shaking slightly. “What if I don’t know if you’re just trying to poison me?”

“Well now love, wouldn’t I wait until after you met my family?” he smirked.

She rolled her eyes. “You take one first, so I know it’s not a trick.”

“Oh fine. Here look.” He took a pill and swallowed it with a bit of his avian water. “You’re turn.” He took her hand and placed the pill in the center of her hand.

She obeyed and swallowed the pill with the same water.

“Now, just relax. It helps with the nervousness. You will probably fall asleep in no time.”

Allison heard the flight attendant on the overhead speaker telling everyone to buckle their seatbelts.

She internally groaned.

“You know, I would have never thought you would be afraid of plane rides Miss Smith.”

“Well, I’ve never been on one before, and anyways, I usually have someone on it with me that I know…and care about for that matter. So at least if we die, I know I’d die in nice company.”

“Ouch.” He grinned his nasty evil grin at her.

Bastard.

A couple minutes passed and the plane started to move.

Okay...okay…okay. Here we go. 6 hours on a death trap with Mr. Big Head. Okay. Lovely.

The plane kept going at an unbearably slow pace on the runway for what seemed like eternity. The plane swiveled around and then it finally started picking up speed. Tom looked over to her with raised eyebrows. She just smiled slightly, making it look like she was going to make it, even though what she really wanted to do was throw up her coffee and toast from earlier. Allison wanted the outside seat so she wouldn’t feel so claustrophobic, but now she was regretting it. She wished she was sitting by the window seat so at least she could cower in the corner and hide.

Then suddenly, the plane’s front started going up at an angle and Allison felt her body being pressed into her seat. She grasped at the arm rests and her left hand found not the rest, but Tom’s hand.