Chapter 4: The First Day

Author's note: Avery looking very nice in bed in the picture 😏 plus, I didn't get five votes last chapter but I'm very impatient and like this story so here's a present 🤷🏼‍♀️

-----------------------------------------

My face buried against the fluffiness of the pillow, the blankets easily covering up my whole body with how much stuffing was it in. Heaven was the only way to describe this bed. I slept through the whole night and woke up the way I'd fallen asleep- on my stomach.

A knock on the door slowly brought me out of my deep sleep. I groaned and pushed up off the bed to look around for a moment. Once my brain had registered where I was by the second knock, I sat on the edge of the bed and rubbed my eyes. "Just... Just one minute," I called out groggily before shuffling over to my bag. I pulled on some black sweatpants I'd packed with a matching colored t-shirt.

I opened the door to see Kenton and tilted my head back to properly look at him. He was in blue jeans and a white t-shirt, looking much more normal and relaxed than he had looked yesterday.

"Breakfast is downstairs," he informed me as I ran a hand through my hair to tame it the best I could. I made an incoherent sound before licking my lips that had dried just a little over the night. He chuckled just as I was about to close the door. The sound made me stop before he questioned, "You're not a morning person, huh?" I shook my head, sure my eyebrows were furrowed in a none too kindly look. I really just couldn't help it.

He left after I answered. Instead of following, I went back to the bathroom to wet my hair for an attempt to keep it down. I also splashed the water onto my face to wake up a little before heading downstairs. The instant smell of freshly cooked food hit me once I was halfway through the descent of the stairs.

Once I stepped into the kitchen, I was greeted by Sam, a milk mustache covering his face, and Kenton, who was cooking the food. I leaned my elbows on the counter with a soft sigh, taking deep breaths of the delicious food. Sizzling bacon covered the stove while pancakes were placed on three plates. One had miniature pancakes littering it with syrup all over it, half devoured by the boy. Another rest beside his with three normal sized pancakes. Across the table, a plate with two lay. I assumed it was mine and took a seat there.

"Orange juice, apple juice, milk, or water?" The male questioned on the other side of the bar, standing at the island where the stove was at.
"Orange juice, please," I responded. I looked down at my lap, pulling out my phone. I checked my texts and saw that I'd gotten a message from Jason, a boy I had been flirting with from a city over. I responded before I looked over at Sam to give him a little smile. A glass was placed by my side as I smiled. Taking a sip, the cool liquid soothed my throat from waking up so early and a gravely voice. "What's your favorite movie?" I questioned as I took a bite of the pancakes, syrup already covering it. At the taste, I added a bit of butter and licked my lips once I achieved the right taste.

"Transformers... Oh, I just watched Kung Fu Panda 3! That was good!" He beamed.
Kenton chuckled behind me before speaking up, "He's very indecisive but picky. Don't ask me how he does it- he just does."

I laughed softly and took another bite of my food. Looking down, I noticed that I'd already eaten half of the stacked pancakes. My stomach was already starting to get full, but I didn't want to be rude. Powering through, I kept eating and kept letting out deep breaths.
"What's your favorite movie?" He questioned before struggling to take a bite of a full miniature pancake.

"The Incredibles is definitely up there," I answered with a slight chuckle. It was my favorite Pixar movie for sure, but definitely not my favorite overall. How could I tell a little boy my favorite movie was some teenage perverted comedy, especially in front of his father, also my boss?

"Oh, boy," I heard muttered behind me. My eyebrows furrowed as I went to turn around, but Sam gasped suddenly.

I turned back around to look at him, the boy already running around the kitchen to his father.

"Dad! Dad! He likes the Incredibles! He even looks like grown up Dash!" He went on, his face turning slightly pink from not breathing.
My eyes widened as I watched him before looking up to Kenton. He mouthed a 'sorry' to me before picking up Sam.

"That's great, bud. You remember your birthday party with all the Incredibles stuff?" He questioned. Kenton held him up with one arm and flipped the bacon onto one plate before bringing it over to the table. I took a piece despite feeling my stomach ready to explode and chewed on it.

---------------------------------------------

Lunch came around quicker than I thought. Kenton had given me a tour of the place. Sam decided he wanted to stick around for the tour and slowed us down enough to get us to lunch.

Kenton stopped on the other side of the bar and leaned on it with his elbows once we finished lunch, taking the same spots we had a breakfast. "I was thinking," he started. "How would a swimming day be? Sam will be tired from it quick so he'll go to bed at eight and I can give you a tour, go over everything and all that."

I nodded at the idea and looked back to see said boy coming down the stairs with black shorts on with a graphic tee, the Incredibles right smack in the middle. "I really shouldn't of said that, huh?" I joked, earning a chuckle from Kenton.

Suddenly, something connected in my brain. Looking back at Kenton, I bit my lip before admitting, "I didn't think to bring swimming trunks with me." His eyebrows furrowed at the new information before he grunted.

"Let me see if I have some old ones I don't fit into that you might be able to use," he offered before going upstairs.

While he left the room, it gave Sam and I time to talk.

"Hey, do you have any swimming trunks upstairs?" I asked. He nodded as I slid off the stool. "Well, c'mon. Let's go get them, yeah?" I suggested.

I followed him upstairs to his bedroom door only to meet Kenton at the doorway.
"Here. Try these. These are the smallest I have," he told me, handing over some swimming trunks that looked to go mid thigh just for me, blue print with some sort of yellow streaks as a design on them. Nodding, I took them and went into my room.

Tying them a little bit tighter than they normally were used to caused the material to scrunch up on my hips. I shook my head, finding the scrunch to not be too much of a deal. I pulled back on my t-shirt and grabbed a towel from the bathroom. Just as I was closing the door, Sam opened up his. "C'mon, buddy," I hummed with a smile.

We both reached the bottom of the steps when I turned back to see Kenton meet the top of the steps. He was already shirtless, showing off his slightly toned muscles. They looked quite nice on him, but he did have a bit of hair on his chest like any normal man at his age. He smiled down at us and came down to join us at the bottom. "Let's go swim," he hummed and messed up Sam's already messy hair.

————————————————————————