Chapter 10

Sasuke almost did a victory dance in relieve when the village gate came into sight. Naruto had gone quiet but Sasuke had initiated a few short one syllable answer conversation once or twice every few minutes to make sure the boy was still in the living world. Sasuke picked up his pace with a burst of renewed energy from the hope that Naruto is going to make it.
He ignored going to the hospital and went straight towards the legendary medic's office, knowing how much she cared for the boy and knew she would do everything to save him.
Tsunade heard some commotion outside her office so she looked up from her paperwork and she swear her heart almost stopped. The young Uchiha heir had burst through the door of the office, clutching Naruto in his arms. The look on his face was almost hard to describe. It was a mixture of fear, panic, worry, anger, sadness and every other negative emotions. He looked so conflicted and he looked like he was going to freak out and have a breakdown then and there. "Please save him Tsunade-sama." Sasuke begged, dropping to his knees as gently and swiftly as possible in the process. Tsunade frozen at the kneeling and begging Uchiha before she immediately snapped out of it. She reached him in two steps, taking Naruto from him and placing the blond on the ground.  She forced healing chakra into him, trying the close the wound whilst ordering Sasuke to slip a plasma pill into Naruto's mouth to make up for the lost blood. Shizune came in with a stack of paper but she dropped them all at the sight in front of her. She gasped in utter horror at the boy she treats like a little brother, he laid limp on the ground pale and too unresponsive. Shizune almost leaped to be next to Naruto and she joined in to help Tsunade close the wound.
"Thank kami." Tsunade breathed out when they finally managed it. Sasuke had sat beside them, watching. His face marred with a frown of worry as his finger found its way to his mouth and he began chewing on the nail of the finger. Sasuke flinched after he realised what he was doing only when a voice had rang out in his head telling him not to do it, it sounded awfully like Naruto. Which it was, Naruto had once told him not to do it and promptly smacked his hand away from his face. Sasuke could feel the smack as if it was just then that he received the smack. They had lost him at least twice during the entire time and it sent all of them into a frantic action as they panicked about what to do.
"He is critical but stable... For now..." Tsunade struggled to say the following part. "Do not get your hopes too high up Uchiha, his condition might... Change for the... Worse." Sasuke's eyes widened in horror and fear. Tsunade took in the horrified expression. Why did he look so scared?
"No. No. No. No. I can't lose him. I- No! He will get better! He is the number one most unpredictable ninja! We predicted he would get worse! He will definitely become better!" Sasuke said, almost sounding desperate and frightened as he clutched onto the blond. Tsunade's eyes became wide as she remembered something Naruto once told her. He told her he loved someone and she had asked who but he just shook his head and refused to tell her, although he did tell her...
"You are the one he loves... He said he loved this person so much he was willing to die for them." Tsunade said in realisation. Sasuke looked up at Tsunade before he looked down and nuzzled info Naruto's blond locks as he lifted him gently to take him to ICU.
Naruto would make it. Naruto would make it. Naruto would make it. I love him. I love him. Naruto loves me. He would make it. I love him. Sasuke repeated the 3 chants over and over again in a random order but still saying all three. Naruto wouldn't let him down.