Chapter 9

Sasuke wouldn't release Naruto from his hold on the way back to Konoha. He insisted on carrying Naruto and holding him when they took a short break. "S-Sasuke." Naruto wheezed out weakly as his eyes cracked open slightly to look at said boy. The raven looked at him worriedly yet gently. "Please save your strength." Sasuke whispered gently to the blond in his arms. Naruto shook his head a little in protest.
"N-no... I-I am not gonna have any longer." As a prove of that, Naruto coughed and blood trickled out from his lips.
"Kakashi!" Sasuke shouted so loud for his sensei, the sliver haired jounin almost missed a branch and plummeted to his death. The man went back to Sasuke whom stopped at a steady branch, clutching the boy like he was a life line but his clutch was gentle yet firm to show his desperation and his inability to harm the blond at the same time. "Sas-suke."
"Yes? I'm here." Sasuke said, he decided to pick up the boy again and started running as agile and as smooth as he can manage to not jostle the small boy any more than he should. "It's really cold." Sasuke frowned, it was a freaking 30 almost to 40 degree day today and they were all sweating from the run. Sasuke paled, he isn't going to die! Sasuke chanted in his own head. Sasuke nodded gratefully at Sakura who had offered out her jacket that was in her pack as Sasuke is unable to reach his own. Sasuke wrapped Naruto in the dark crimson red jacket and whispered to the boy to ease the blond's discomfort.
"Sasuke... I s-still haven't said what I wanted to say." Naruto wheezed. The fox might be keeping him alive but a sword through one side of your heart isn't gonna be healed in two seconds. The fox was exhausting itself with the amount of chakra it had to force through the seal. The seal was there to keep it in, which meant the chakra would be mostly kept in = slower healing or worse, no healing at all if the amount of chakra that can be pushed through has reached its limits. The fox could surely break it to expand the limit but when the boy was in such a weakened state, he would definitely die.
"I'm listening Naruto." Naruto smiled softly which made Sasuke smile back at him involuntarily.
"You called me Naruto..." He said in awe. "It sounds really nice from your mouth." He continued in facination.
"Well then stay alive and you can hear it everyday." The smile faltered. My time might be limited.
"Sasuke... Whatever I say next... You can be disgusted by it but I don't care. I-I love you Sasuke." Naruto choked out, curling involuntarily into himself. Sasuke's world came crashing around him. The boy loved him? But, but the boy is dying! He can't just get a confession from someone he actually loves too and have that person die on him!
"I kn-ow you don't feel the s-same way, but just this one time... Hold me tight and then let go." Naruto gasped.
"No." Naruto's heart was shattering but it stopped shattering when Sasuke continued. "I refuse to let go. I'll hold you tight and never let go. I loved you too but I was too chicken to admit that I love you." Naruto's eyes widened in surprise at the quiet confession and tears welled up in his eyes and trickled down. Sasuke looked panicky as he noticed Naruto was crying and he didn't know why. "Why are you crying? I'm so sorry-" Naruto stopped him from continuing by holding a finger to the raven's lips.
"I-I didn't think..." Naruto struggled a bit as a wave of pain surged through him, Sasuke could feel his spasms. "I would b-be loved..." Sasuke could see Naruto was clearly hanging by the thinnest threads of life now. That statement though, had horrified the Uchiha. Not loved? What about the time at the orphanage? Surely those people would have cared!
Haha. Sasuke Uchiha doesn't know how wrong he is.