Chapter Twelve - Minka

Minka was just minding her own business. Not interfering with anything in the least. Just minding her own business. But somehow, the boss was still not convinced. "Tell me where the other cat is," said the boss,"show me the petrol." Minka had been shopping when the boss had pounced and kidnapped her. She was tied to the wall with a bunch of groceries around her.

"For the last time, I don't know where it is!" cried Minka. She had been tied up for two hours and she was stiff and tired. "Minke left me a long time ago. Can I go now?"

"No. You have petrol. I know it."

Minka sighed. She had to gratify this mongrel somehow. She pretended to give up. "Fine!" she shouted as the boss waved a sharp knife in her face. "It's in the garage! Get it from there! Just leave me alone!" she wailed. Satisfied, the boss went to the garage. Minka grimanced. The rope was dirty and grimy. "Oh well, nothing to it," she thought, and started gnawing at the rope. Then she heard the boss's footsteps.

"Where is it?!" he bellowed.

"You have to feel for it," Minka said, faking fear. "Minke took the petrol glasses that let you see petrol." Then Minka stiffened. She had made a mistake.

"I thought Minke could see petrol without petrol glasses," said the boss.

Minka gulped. "It's time you learnt a lesson," said the boss, when at that moment, a rocket ship crashed though the roof with Minke and Lop Lopian 3 inside it.

"Minke!" cried Minka, gnawing furiously at the rope.

"Minka!" shouted Minke. "Don't you hurt her, you fat rotten potato!"

The boss shouted in fury and threw a knife at Minke. If the force field had not been in action, Minke would be dead.

After tying up Lop Lopian 2, Minke and Lop Lopian 3 had emerged from the portal and journeyed out of the forest to find Lop Lopian 2's abandoned spaceship. They had flown to the warehouse that was their home, and just in time.

"Give me the petrol!" screamed the boss.

"Don't move!" said Lop Lopian 3. He pointed a laser gun that he got from Lop Lopian 2 at him.

The boss looked at him and smiled a crooked smile. "I thought you were dead, traitor,"

Lop Lopian's smile faltered. "I left you ages ago. I won't cooperate with a boss that throws his servants out the window!"

"You signed a contract."

"I tore it."

"Fool!"

"Dungbrain!"

"Cat slave!"

"Hey!" cried Minke indignantly.

"Traitors will betray anyone, no matter who," said the boss menacingly. "They don't deserve to live."

Before Lop Lopian 3 could react, the boss pulled out a knife and threw it at Minke. Minke ducked, but it was too late. The force field had been too weak to block it, as the boss had thrown it with all his strength.

"NOOOOO!" screamed Minka. Minke lay on the floor, unmoving.

"You're lower than RATS!" screamed Lop Lopian 3. Then he fired the gun. The boss was blown to pieces.

"Oh, my..." said Minka. She was finally free of her ropes, and she rushed to the platform and jumped onto the ship. Minke was still unmoving.

"No, Minke, NO!" cried Minka. She knelt at Minke's side, sobbing.

"Game's up, cat," said a voice.

Minka looked up. Lop Lopian 3 was pointing the gun at her.

Minka gasped. "You were traitor all along?!"

Lop Lopian 3 laughed cruelly. "Never trust anyone, ever. You never know when they are going to betray you."

"But...you teamed up with Minke!"

"It was a trick. I was always going to betray you."

"But-"

"Anything for petrol. I'd blow up Lop Lop for petrol."

Minka realised that Lop Lopian 3 was so crazy about petrol, that her was literally bordering insane for it. "Purple elephant slime," hissed Minka. That was the worst insult that existed on Lop Lop. Lop Lopian 3 gasped. "You will pay..." he said, and he pulled the trigger.