Finding Mr. Perfect's Flaws [Twenty-One]

[Twenty-One]

Everyone has their say in your life but you.

Zachary POV

Dean slowly draped his arm on the back of the couch behind Rich. They had arrived about twenty minutes earlier and quickly made themselves at home. My dad made up an excuse to leave. He was awkward around others and I watched him go, silently relieved. Who knew what Dean and Rich would do? They were obviously obsessed with each other, and didn't care who noticed. We were currently watching a movie I didn't know the name of. It was an action movie of some sort, but I couldn't quite concentrate. I stared blankly at the screen, thinking about Kallie. Broken leg? Maybe brain damage? He hadn't mentioned brain damage, I bet she did have it.  Just my luck.

The guy in the screen started shooting at someone. I watched without seeing, sitting on the floor in front of the TV. Someone fell to the floor, shot. Someone else laughed. Collin and I...I couldn't stay away from him. I had seen him today, kissed him today, and my body still burned for him. Was that so bad, wanting someone that badly? Why did it have to be so hard?  

"Zachary?" Dean asked. He called me back to the present and I slowly blinked, clearing my head of all bad thoughts. The movie was halfway over already, at least thirty minutes in. I looked back and saw them both staring at me, worried expressions on their faces. My heart tightened when I saw them. They were practically cuddling on the couch, sitting close enough to kiss.  

They looked so perfect for each other. I could tell that Dean hadn't asked out Rich yet, but he was going to soon. I had invited them over so I wouldn't have to think, and that's what I ended up doing anyway. They were worrying about me, and I was ruining their special time. I felt something slipping down my cheek, warm and slippery. I looked down and wiped away the water on my cheek with a free hand. My hands were shaking violently and I stared at the teardrop in surprise. I was crying, and I hadn't even realized.  

I heard Rich get off the couch. He sat down next to me and I felt his arms wrap around me from behind. It was such a comforting embrace, I couldn't force him away. I leaned back into him - into his big jacket. It was still cold - I knew it was, but I was numb. I cried silently for a few minutes, his arms around me and his heart reaching out to me.

I felt his arms tighten around my waist. Somewhere behind us, I heard Dean get off the couch. I watched as Deans sneakers got closer until they stopped right in front of me. Then I felt him slide his arms under me and pick me up. I was too tired to protest. The football player lifted me up by my armpits, and pulled me into the air. When I was suspended in the air, I locked my legs around his waist and wrapped my arms around his neck. I buried my face in his neck, too tired to be embarrassed. I heard Rich mumble something, but I couldn't quite catch what he said. I felt Dean chuckle. The warmness of him and his smell was enough to make me become drowsy. I was half asleep by the time he replied.  

"He's tired. Can you show me his room?"  

"Well...why do you have to carry him?" Rich grumbled. I felt Deans arms wrap around me, holding me into place. Collin, I thought, smiling.  

"Because he's like a little koala. He grabbed right onto me. He shouldn't have to drag himself up those stairs. And you obviously couldn't hold onto him. With your big muscles and all."  

I felt Rich smack Dean’s arm. Dean laughed.  

"Just show me."