Chapter 11

Evangaline's POV

...

"You know what, neither did I."

We walked to the garden outside in slow strides. The air carried an aura of romance.  A perfect ambience for Nash and I.

Every time his turquoise eyes looked into my dark ones,  I felt like allowing him inside my soul and letting him see all my deepest, darkest desires.

He slipped his hand on my waist as he pulled me closer to his body. His woodsy scent lured me closer to him as I swiveled around and placed my hands on his broad shoulders. He led. I followed. And the night was ours.

Wasn't it just right, him portraying the masculinity and I, a feminine partner giving him the chance to lead? 

No, Eva.  You were just stupid .

Suddenly,  everything was moving in the slowest motion possible. And I wasn't on the ground. It felt like gravity was nothing but just  a random theory somewhere and I - I was flying away with some angelic being. His eyes locked with mine and I saw the entire universe in them.  A gorgeous,  and absolutely stunning universe which was mine.

"Beautiful, " he whispered as he put my chin up softly and stared into my eyes as if he had seen something magnificent.

And then his face got closer to mine as I felt his breath brush my cheeks and lips. His breath, so fresh and so warm.

I felt my heart flutter and that's when his warm lips pressed gently on mine and his hand grew firmer around my waist. I felt I was his.
I returned him back the kiss passionately, running my fingers through his hair. That kiss became my own favourite piece of infinity.

Words failed to define my feelings for I knew only my heart could understand its beats which screamed Nash's name. 

"Amazing," he whispered as we pulled away, "I am indeed blessed. "

"Why?" I giggled.

"I got the most amazing kiss with the most beautiful being I have seen on earth." The corners of his lips twitched into a smile as he pulled in more closer and planted a kiss on my forehead.

"It was perfect for my first," I said, red as I hid my face in this warm chest. 

He placed his hands on my shoulder and looked at me, bewildered. "Where have you been all this time?"

"Looking for you -"

"I guess you have found the one you have been looking for,  and I guess I have so as well," he said proudly.

...

I swallowed back the tears caused by his - our memories. Nobody knew about Nash here and I am glad they didn't. They didn't see the demons inside me and I didn't allow them to.. Except..

I sighed. How could I be so foolish to like a guy who already had a girlfriend?  I was not only breaking my own heart but also their relationship.

As I was leaving the convenience,  I heard sobs in the far end cubicle. No one could comfort me because I didn't allow them to but I can surely help out someone who needed it. 

"Hey there, are you okay?" I knocked the door,  trying to keep my tone firm and calm.

"Yes.. " The voice quivered.

"I don't think so. Listen, I can help you."

"No,  it's just the same old regular girl stuff y'know.  I will be fine. " I heard a sigh on the other side of the door. Maybe there were people like me,  those who were either too afraid to let the demons out or too afraid to let one in.

"Just take care, okay.  My name is Evangaline and you can talk to me whenever you want to." I tried support the now dying sobs as I turned and proceeded to exit the room.

"E - Evangaline?" Out stepped a familiar looking red head, with face red and eyes swollen from tears.

"Tiahli?" I replied in shock.  Why on earth was she crying?