Chapter 10

Tiahli's POV

"And we have reached the final stage of our trip!" Mr Mason called out to the students.

There were whimpering every where in the bus. All were sad that the excursion ended a day before except - me. Now I will get to meet Elijah. I laughed quietly to myself as the syllables of his name rolled out of my tongue loudly.

"Missing him?" Hazael teased me.

Well Hazael didn't know anything about mine and Elijah's relationship - just like the entire school.

Zoe pinched my back from behind. She was seated behind my seat. Well the entire school excluding Zoe. She knew everything and she also knew that I was trying hard to stick by my words. Words which friend zoned me with my own boyfriend.

Afterall how could I tell Elijah that I truly love him? We had made it very clear that if he and I both didn't find the right one, we'd continue the relationship faithfully.

But I knew all along that Elijah will find his dream girl. Afterall he is quite charming, he'll get anyone he wants. And why on earth will any girl say no to him?

I sighed. I was being selfish. I wanted Elijah to love me. And not anyone else. At this point, I could not even think of losing him.

After what seemed like hours, we reached our school, Caveton High. I hurried to where I knew Elijah would be. I was a little late so he was probably making his way from the PEMAC room to his first class which I knew was Economics.

I made my way to Mr Brown's class and there I saw him. His back was facing me and he was staring into the ground at the buses. He must be wondering what are the buses for.

I giggled softly. I skipped and embraced him. My hands grasped his hard chest.

"Aw! I missed you like crazy!" I almost shouted. He turned around instantly the minute he heard my voice. His eyes were wide with surprise.

"T - Tiahli,' he muttered, "I thought you weren't due till tomorrow." He smiled the smile I loved at me. Just this smile was enough to make my heart beats irregular.

"Yes, I know!" I squealed - I could not hide my joy. "But our trip ended earlier than we thought so here I am," I jumped and clapped my hands together. Very childish, I know.

"I missed you, honestly," he mumbled.

"Of course you would. Am I not the best girlfriend ever?" I giggled as I reached out to him again to hold him closer in for an embrace, and he willingly settled hinself into my hug. Elijah's nestled his head on my shoulders and I rested my head on to his chest. I felt at home. Like it was some reflective action to this embrace, I ran my fingers through his soft brown auburn hair.

His skin felt right on mine. The right temperature. We moulded together to be one. I wish he could see this.

We pulled away from each other after a few sound minutes. I hated to pull away. But we were getting late for our class.

I looked at his eyes. He was staring somewhere behind me and was definitely uncomfortable.

"What happened?" I asked him seeing his discomfort. What happened to him all of a sudden?

"I - I need to tell you something. Important but we can do it later." He mumbled. But I knew he was tensed about something.

I arched an eye brow. "What is it?" My heart beats increased in sheer pain. I just prayed it wasn't what I thought it would be.

"Err, nothing.  Let's go drop you off to your class."

We held hands. It just felt so right being with him. So damn right.

But I felt like my insides were churning and burning inside. Elijah wasn't comfortable to tell me something yet and deep down, I kinda knew what he was going to tell me.

I saw the way he looked at the new girl,  Evangeline. I wish he looked at me the same way...

That's it. I couldn't take it. I felt like digging my heart out and throwing it outside. I am a good pretender, because Elijah didn't seem to know that the suspense was killing me. Maybe he didn't care enough..

***
Evangaline's POV

I made my way to Mr Brown's room to collect my short test marks. Half way there, I saw him. His eyes were closed contently and his face was almost framed with ginger red hair.

I should have known this was coming. I already knew he had a girlfriend. But why did I feel this unusual pain in my heart? This pain,  so similar to what Nash gave me as a present. Only difference was that I hadn't expected Nash's present, but I had expected this. Just seeing them together was worse than hearing about them.

I didn't realize he had opened his eyes and I hadn't realize that mine were round in surprise. Tension lines formed on his forehead as his eyes met mine. I looked away instantly. Elijah hurt me unknowingly twice in two days.

Why was I even bothering? He is not that important.. We just met!

I walked off feeling a sharp and acute disappointed. Was it weird that I wanted to be in place of that red haired girl? Was I jealous of Tiahli afterall?

--------

Author's Note

Hello everyone!  Hope you liked this chapter! Tiahli's POV! And guess what, I just thought of this angle yesterday!

BTW Birthday shout out to our favourite, Lord Jesus Christ! ❤

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Bubyee for now. Take care and stay safe! Lots of love,

Shreya