Ch. 1 - meeting Charlie

Hello readers! I am so excited to start this book and I hope that you are excited to read it! I hope you Enjoy!

The library ^^^^^^

Addict with a Pen - Twenty One Pilots ^^^^^^^^^

*****************************

Charlie's  pov

"Ugh"

I started to wipe my mouth as I sat up but then it all came out again. My stomach emptied into the bushes and it did not look pretty. Finally when my stomach calmed down I was able to run to my truck from the alleyway by the Starbucks.

I opened the door to my small pick up truck and was immediately ambushed by my great dane Hercules. He dug his nose into the crook of my neck as if trying to comfort me. I rubbed my sweaty hands against his fur as the buzzing of my stomach started to calm down.

Now you all might be wondering why I was just throwing up in the alleyway of a Starbucks. Well that's because I'm a wuss a pathetic excuse of a man, as Tyler would've put it. Its been about a year and half since I left him and I still cant forget his words. See? Pathetic.

I shoved Hercules to the passenger seat of the truck and started to drive back home to my library. Tears started to stream out of my eyes as I remembered what happened.

*Flashback*

I walked into the warm Starbucks the smell of coffee had hit me like a brick wall. The nice lady gave me a smile and I recognized her, I think she lives down the street from my library I always see her when I'm walking Hercules.

My anxiety spiked when I walked up to the counter and stuttered my order to her. "C-could I-I have-e a um hot c-chocolate p-please?"

"Sure thing sweet heart." she smiled and I was grateful of her kindness. I walked to the other side of the counter to wait for my drink when the man walked in.

I realized when I moved here that everyone in this town was big but this man was HUGE! He had a bad feeling just following him it reminded me of him- no, I can't think about him now. It was too late, everytime I looked at the large man I could only see tyler with the belt in his hands.

"Hot chocolate!" I looked up, my drink was ready. I picked it up with shaky hands and sweaty palms. I turned to walk out to my car but the man was in my way. He stood at least 6'4 witch was monstrous to my own 5'3.

"Hi sweety" He said in a deep scary voice and I dropped my hot chocolate onto his boots. He jumped back and his face was red with anger. I couldn't even think. Complete terror filled my system and his red eyes filled my mind. I ran out into the alley way and quickly emptied my stomach into the bushes.

*End of Flashback*

I drove quickly through the town trying to get to the library as fast as I can without crashing. The moment I stepped into the small room surrounded with books I was automatically relaxed. Hercules was following at my heels as I climbed the stairs in the back to lead to my small studio apartment.

I ran into the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I had small girly features, and loose brown hair and green eyes. My skin was super fair and I wasn't very muscular. I stripped myself of my clothes and eyed my body. The long scars around my back and stomach from my ex's abuse .

I had a toxic relationship with so when I turned 18 I moved away and left my drunken father. I never knew what happened to him and my father died of alcohol poisoning so I got Hercules. My knight and shining armor Herc. He was a great dane with black fur and an intimidating size, But he became my protector and my best friend.

So when I moved to a small town in Washington,  I opened a small library and theres a girl named Alice that works part time to help me and things. She is the only one that I can talk to without having an anxiety attack.

I turned on my radio in my bathroom and started my shower. I stepped in the warm spray of water. I scrubbed my body as if I were trying to clean away the feeling of the mans gaze on me. Now don't get me wrong the man was handsome its just my anxiety always got in the way. He seemed pretty scary anyway.

I am gay so I do like guys but after my past relationship I don't think I could ever do another. I would be to scared and that is why I am so pathetic.

I finished showering and I turned my radio up so I could hear it in the kitchen. I fed Hercules dinner and I made soup for myself before getting dressed into comfy pajamas and slippers.

Hercules finished up his dinner then followed me back into the kitchen were I made myself some tea. After I had my tea and I let Hercules outside to do his business we both laid down kinda early. He always gets up to do what I like to call his rounds. When he walks around the house sniffing everywhere for intruders.

But finally when he was sure it was only me and him he laid down. I always like to call him my  big teddy seeing as at night all he does is snuggle. I fell asleep to Hercules' deep breathing and the nagging feeling that something is going to happen tomorrow.

*******************

Thanks again for reading