Attempting to Lighten the Mood

Ch.- Some-what Trying to Lighten the Mood.

There hasn't been an update, 'cause school has been pretty busy. But now, it's Spring Break. So free time! Yeah!

Disclaimer: If I said yes, would you believe me? No? Yeah, I thought so.

Edited: 11/19

~•~

The Team was royally angry with each other.  On their mission - their painfully long mission, no one could agree with one another (at all). So, when they had finally - finally - completed their objective, they intended to be as far away from each other as possible. It was childish, Aqualad tried telling them, but it was of no use. They had made up their minds.

But their mentors were having none of it. You're a team, so act like one and deal with it. Once that had been said, they were given their next mission: make up.

The younger heroes reluctantly complied, but chose to ignore their teammates and friends. Artemis, Wally, Conner, M'gann and even Aqualad, who was usually calm, cool, and collected, were trying to block out each other's presences.

Too bad that Robin didn't agree to that.

As Wally would say, 'the Robin was with the Batman doing the Dynamic Duo thing in Gotham', and was not with them during the mission.

So when he heard his friends were in a bit of a bind, he naturally wanted to help.

"C'mon, guys! There's no need to be mad! This is totally not asterous!"

Wally looked over to him and glared, but it wasn't meant for him. "Well they started it."

"Quit lying, Baywatch. It was you who didn't listen during the mission in the first place," Artemis accused, turning her head to him

"Like you were any better!"

"You both started it," Conner glared.

Artemis scoffed, "Oh, like you have any say. You, as usual, did your own thing."

Conner just glared at her from where he stood, arms crossed. That is what Robin does, not him.

"Well, both of you were arguing the whole time..." Megan added, trying to get them both to see that not only one was to blame.

"Well she is just so annoying!"

"And he doesn't know how to shut up!"

Aqualad added his own opinion,"Please, how about instead of arguing like children, we-"

"Well you let the bad guy get away!"

"And you were too distracted to focus!"

"Guys, stop!" Robin really didn't want to see his friends argue. He said the first thing that came to mind, "How about instead we play a game?"

They (Artemis and Wally) did stop arguing, but their angry expressions (still Artemis and Wally, now along with Conner) still showed on their faces.

"A game?" Artemis echoed. "Are you five?"

"At heart, Arty! At heart!"

"What kind of game?" Kid Flash said irritated. He winced at the tone of his voice. He wasn't trying to take it out on his bud.

"A story game," Robin continued. "It's where one person says one word and then the next person says another word. This continues until the story's done."

When no one spoke up (probably because they were too busy looking at him strangely), he did. "I'll go first: This,"

The responses, while hesitant at first, did come nonetheless.

"...Game." Kaulder.

"Can." Megan.

"Burn." Artemis.

"In." Conner.

"OVENS." Wally finished loudly, the expression on his face showing a look that read something like, if Robin interpreted it correctly, 'I don't care'.

"Okay!" Robin stopped what could have been said next, clapping his hands once while standing up. "We're done!"

"Good," Artemis sneered,"I didn't want to play anything with him any longer.

And then the arguing started once again, with the exception of Kaulder and Megan, thank the Lord. At least he got through to someone.

Robin looked on dully at the scene. He shrugged, rolled his eyes, and said to himself while turning around,"Well, I tried."

Truthfully, he didn't, but he really didn't want to get caught in their crossfire over something so stupid.

Well. Can't say he didn't try.

~•~

Robin walked into the room where his mentor was facing a monitor. He did not look away as his protégé walked closer.

"You didn't even try."

Robin smirked. "Nah, not really."

~•~

Short again, I know. But the next should be better.

Oh, and that one line, the 'The Robin was the the Batman doing the..' Yeah, that one. That's from the show.

Anyways, have a good Spring Break guys, and keep an eye out for more chapters.

See ya!

Next chapter: Prepare for trouble...make that quadruple. Say hello to the Batfamily.

TBC.

BC, out. Peace.