Chapter Forty Seven// Come Back

Start from the beginning

"Which I tried to prevent, but you helped me out by running away."

"I have not ran away! This was my plan anyway! I applied to come here before I even met you, I was accepted a month ago but only decided to leave last week."

"Why?" With our voices back to a steady volume, I sat back down in my seat, gazing up into his big brown eyes. "Why didn't you leave before?" If he had wanted to come here so much, and was guarantied a place, why did he wait? Was it because of...

"It doesn't matter," Nathan kicks his shoe across the carpet with the turn of his back towards me. He pulls his hair with his hands, resting his chin on his T-shirt.

"Yes, it does."

"Why would you care anyway?" He utters through the silence. My eyes wander the perimeter of the room. With my eyes glued to the corner, my eye lids fall heavy with a dropped expression.

"Do you really want me to say it?"

"Say what?"

He is still facing the window but I keep my eyes averted from him.

"You know. But I can't say."

It is too painful to risk. I was able to say it before. But now, knowing the fact he may have already moved on to a new life I know longer exist in, I can't bare the thought of him knowing and not saying it back. "Please, what is it you have to tell me?"

When I look up again all I see is Nathan. The gentle touch of his hand placed on my left shoulder is enough to send a shiver of sensation through my blood stream. The contact of our eyes sends signals of desire and guilt, both mixed with the temptation of wanting him all to myself.

"How would you react if I told you I have fallen in love with you? That I do care about you and that I never stopped caring?""

He freezes without a blink. My mouth is dry and I hold back a cough.

"And how would you react if I told you I never stopped loving you?" I ask, a well of tears building under my eyes. His finger levitates up to my face and strokes the tear away, a smile forming across my lips. Even though he doesn't speak, his emotions muted to the response of my question, I know I have made the right decision.

He knows now.

I know it's true; he knows I know.

But does he feel the same?

"Paige I'm sorry." He steps back, withdrawing his hand from my skin. His words hit me like a brick wall, a punch in the heart making everything in my body stop. "I never stopped loving you either."

He takes me by my neck and stirs my face towards his. Leaning forwards our lips collide, his kiss sweet and short. The moment doesn't last as he pulls back gradually with every small peck. The connection of our eyes doesn't fade.

"Come back with me." I state, the pounding of my heart effecting the thought pattern of my brain. His delayed reaction made me continue. "I know you have a new life here, but it has only been a week. However a week without you felt like a month, a year even."

My fingers extend to caress the side of his defined chin, the line of his jaw strong and enticing to trail down to his neck. I rest my hand on his shoulder, guiding him forwards to straddle my hips as I sit on the chair.

"I know things may have changed," I whisper into his ear, my lips a breath away from his neck. A gulp rushes down his throat. "You have found a new girl and perhaps a new home. But please, come back with me and see how it goes. If coming back to my school doesn't work, if we don't work, then you can come back and stay here."

"Wait, a new girl?" He lifts his head back, our eyes now incredibly close. "What are you on about?"

"Yeah, the one here before," I mention, remembering the way her hand held onto his arm, the devious sparkle in her eyes judging me in the doorway.

"She's just a friend, honest." A light chuckle hints in his voice, merely a whisper. "She offered to show me around for the first few days then we partnered up for a project. She may like me in a way that is more than friends but to be honest Paige, you are the only girl I've been thinking about all week, the whole term even. God I think I fallen for you so hard I can't even think straight anymore." His warm breath chills my skin, his lips kissing their way down to my collar bone. A weak tremble shivers through me as he sucks on my skin, my neck his target as his teeth nibble across my jaw.

"So why were you so annoyed to see me?" My words slur together as my breathing hitches, my eyes closing with the pleasure that washed through me of Nathan's hands holding me.

"I was never annoyed," he murmurs with his mouth covering mine. "I was just nervous."

"Why?" I kiss him, pulling on his lips before allowing him to answer my question. My fingers claw his hair, my hands cupping around his neck to lift his face closer to mine.

"Because," he pauses to kiss me again. "You were the reason I left..."

"I was?"

"Nathan! I'm back!" The front door to the apartment slams open. "Is that bitch gone yet?... Why is she still here?" The back of my head is towards her but by the grind of her teeth, simultaneous to the growl that rasps in her voice, she is not happy with me over staying her welcome.

"This isn't even your apartment," I dig out an unknown ounce of confidence buried within me, startling her by my impudence. "So why are you here?" I stand strong on my feet.

"That is none of your business," she replies almost instantly, glaring with daggers in her ice blue eyes, frozen by the cold in her heart. "So why don't you leave?"

I look from her to Nathan. Nathan looks from me to her, then back to me again.

"Paige I think you should leave," Nathan says out of the blue. My eyes enlarge with the confusion with his change in mood. One minute he was enjoying the presence of my company, so why is he kicking me out?

"But-"

"Not buts! Just get out!" Orders the girl, whom I am still oblivious to her actual name, as she motions towards the door. My bottom lip quivers, my feet edging to the door with a sadness draining the life from my face. I reach the door and feel another body pressed against my back. I turn around to see Nathan.

"And where are you going?" The girl asks Nathan, standing with a firm hand on her hip. She sends him a warnful glare.

"With Paige," Nathan responds simply.

"Why? You told me this girl was the reason you left that shitty town."

Nathan glances down into my eyes with a solemn smile, a glow lighting up his eyes.

"Yes, and that girl is the reason I'm going back."

A/N-

• What do you think about this chapter?
• Are you glad Nathan is returning?
• Or are you worried that this is what Josh wanted- for him to return so he can beat him up???

Please comment/ vote if you have enjoyed this chapter.

Please tell me in the comments what you think the next chapter will bring.

Will Nathan fight Josh?

Who knows 😉

More coming soon... Xx