Ch. 3

* Hogwarts *

" Firs' years! Firs' years over here!" A giant man with long brown beard said. " C'mon, follow me- any more firs' years? Mind yer step, now! Firs' years follow me! Name's Hagrid!"

We followed him into a narrow path that lead into an opened edge of the great black lake. " No more'n four to a boat!" Hagrid called, pointing to a fleet of little boats sitting in the water by the shore. George and I followed into the boat by Fred and Lee.

A tall, black-haired witch in emerald-green robes stood by the railings. " Welcome to Hogwarts, I'm Professor McGonagall, the start of term banquet will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall, you'll be sorted into your Houses. The four Houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, and Slytherin. While you are at Hogwarts, your triumphs will earn your House points, while any rule-breaking will lose House points. At the end of the year, the House with the most points is awarded the House Cup, a great honor."

We followed her inside the Great Hall, next to me is George. Professor McGonagall was holding a long roll of parchment, she said, " When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted."

She called out a lot of names and then she went to a girl name Angelina Johnson which she was sorted into Gryffindor and then Lee Jordan was also sorted into Gryffindor.

" Knight, Elizabeth!"

I was frozen but George and Fred slightly pushed me to the front. I sat down in the stool and give them a mocking glare. Then Professor McGonagall placed the hat into my head.

" Another Knight, difficult, I must say. A lot of hard work, patience, courage, intelligent, bravery, ambitiousness, and a talent... So where shall I put you?"

Not Slytherin, anything but Slytherin, I thought to myself.

" Not Slytherin eh? Are you sure? Best be RAVENCLAW! Wait no... GRYFFINDOR!"

I took off the hat and walked towards the Gryffindor table. " Well done, Beth," Francis said.

Then it was Fred's turn and he was sorted into Gryffindor and so was George.

Albus Dumbledore stood up and open his arms wide. " Welcome to a new year at Hogwarts!"

Then our dishes were now piled with food.

I was now in my dormitory, sharing with a girl name Blair Malfoy. And two other girls; Angelina Johnson and Katie Bell.

" I'm Blair," she said.

" Elizabeth," I said. " Aren't you a Malfoy?"

" Yes unfortunately," she sigh.

" Not to be rude or anything, but why in Gryffindor?"

" I don't even know. But I'm glad that I'm in Gryffindor."

" I'm glad I'm in Gryffindor too."

I was tired so I changed into my pajamas and then off I went to bed.

* Next day *

I woke up and went to take a nice warm shower. Then I had changed into my robes. I then comb my hair and pin my bangs to the sides. The girls were still sleeping but I woke up Blair, politely.

" Blair... Wake up," I said. " Don't want to be late for the first day, do you?"

" I'm awake," she said.

" See you downstairs," I said.

I walked downstairs with my school bag and wait for Blair. I sat down in the couch and started reading my Potions textbook.