Part 2

Cortez's POV

The priest asked us questions about every thing

"So you guys are living together?" The priest asked.

"No." Britt said.

"No sir." I said.

"You know the bible talks about no fornication before marriage." He said

That's out the window with us though. This shit was so boring. We ended up wrapping things up with the priest and I was happy about that. Brittany is catholic and I'm baptist so the whole priest thing is new to me.

"So, you think your mom arrived yet?" She asked as I drove her home.

"I don't know yet." I said. "I know she's staying at Dad and Nia's though."

"That's odd

"That's odd." She said.

"Yeah, well my parents are odd." I said. "Anyway how are your parents. Are they cool with the dinner and everything?"

"Yeah." She said. "I'm excited about finally meeting your whole family."

I tightly smiled, oh she's not even close to ready.

"What about your biological mom?" She asked.

"They coming later tonight." I said.

Yes, it's true. I was adopted when I was three years old by my parents. It wasn't until a conversation with my mom a couple years ago that I agreed to find my biological mother. After a year or two we finally found her and I found out I had another sister. I visit them from time to time getting to know them.

I finally dropped her off at home and then went to my dad's to see my mom. It's been a few months because she's been overseas with her clothing line and everything.

I parked in front of my dad's house and went in.

"Aye!" I yelled as I climbed the steps. "Mommy!"

"In here!" I heard.

I walked into the spare bedroom and my mom was laying down. I fell on her.

"Boy!"

"Hi mommy!" I said kissing her cheek. "I missed you."

"Okay, I missed you too but get off of me." She said laughing.

I got off of her and sat on the bed. She sat up. I was just looking at her.

"You don't age a bit." I said.

"Oh, I know." She said smiling. "How's Brittany?"

"She's good, we're good." I said smiling.

"I would hope so since I'm here for this wedding." She said. "My little man is growing up."

I laughed.

"When does your mother get here?" She asked.

"Tonight." I said. "Why didn't you get a hotel? Isn't it odd staying here with them?"

"Well, Nia insisted and they don't bother me plus your brother begged me." She said.

"When's the last time you really seen dad?" I asked.

"We took a picture at your brothers graduation last year." She said.

"Ma, for real?"

"What?" She said. "It's been some years. After the divorce we went our separate ways and we reunite rarely for you guys."

I shook my head.

"Where are your brother and sister at anyway?" She asked.

"I don't know." I said. "Brian might be at work and Brianna, I don't know."

My mom sighed.

"Hey, you wanna head to the lake?" I asked.

"Sure, why not." She said standing. "Let's go have a chat."

"Chat about what?"

"Nothing too serious." She said. "You're grandmother and aunts will be here later."

I nodded as I stood up. We walked down the steps and ran into my dad. I dapped him up.

"Where y'all going?"

"To mind ours Shawn." She said leaving out the door. "Come on Tazmanian."

My dad laughed.

"You still let her call you that?" He asked.

"You gonna tell her she can't?" I asked.

"Good point."

I left out the house to meet my mom and we started walking.

Comment & Vote! What you thinking?