-1-

Emma Swan, a girl who was completely convinced she was as normal as it gets. Living with her widowed mother Ingrid, Emma has grown up in a unwealthy enviroment since her father was tragically killed in the ogre wars eleven years ago. Her mother never has the time to sell the goods her late husband had made before he died because she was too busy taking care of her two children. Emma and Kevin.

Emma is 17 years old and at that age a commoner is recommended to start looking for her future husband. Emma never liked the whole '"love' thing in her village, because she knew men were sent to the ogre wars and never returned.

Emma knew every corner of all the kingdoms, but she knew the Eastern kingdom best, because according to her mother she had lived there her whole life. She got along with most of the villagers and even takes care of children too. She reads a lot.. Mostly about love and adventures. As much as Emma didn't want to admit it, she really did want someone she could love. She wanted the type of love you got in books. But the opportunity just hadn't came yet.

----------------------------------------------
~Emma~

"Are you sure you can handle Kevin alone tonight? I really need to get my last payments at the tavern tonight." My mother Ingrid stares at me in awe. She doesn't understand why i love to work so much. But she doesn't get it. I need every penny i can get my hands on so i can put a down payment on a little tavern that had been abandoned for aslong as i could remember. Why? Because my long departed father always wanted a tavern of his own, but never lived long enough to fulfill his dream. So im going to do it for him.

Leaving my mother alone, i quickly tied my burgundy cloak around my neck and rushed to the nearby tavern to start my shift.

Although it was risky for a seventeen year old to be working at a tavern full of pirates and thugs, i dont mind any of it. I just work for aslong as i can to get the money i need.

Im hoping that this shifts payment will be enough to get me to my goal, a goal in which had started when i was 14 years old. I would do anything for the neighbors. Clean their homes, water their crops and even feed their animals. The older i got the more i could do.

Sometimes on my break, pirates would invite me to sit at their table. I don't hesitate, not because im feeling flirty. I love all their stories of adventure across the realms and i hope that one day i can leave this kingdom and find some place better.

When I finally finished my shift, I lifted my tip jar and cracked it open. Pouring the contents onto the bar and counting it frantically.

To my relief i had just the right amount of money. I counted them over and over again to make sure it wasnt my mind playing tricks on me, fortunately it was true. I had definitely gotten the right amount of money.

Straight away i ran home as fast as I possible could and swung the door open, startling my mother as i did it. She was so confused by why i was in such a hurry to come home. I poured out the contents of my pouch into my hand and showed her. Still she looked at me like she had no idea.

"Mother, this is it. This payment was the last one i needed. I have enough now, we can get the tavern!" I explained to her practically shouting the house down. She stared into my eyes and smiled. "Oh Emma, this is amazing! Im so proud of you." She hugs me tightly and places her hand on the back of my head like she always did. I collected all the money i had gotten in the last 7 years into a jar and I sealed it tight. I then brought it into the small bedroom me, my mum and Kevin shared and placed it on the top shelf on our bookshelf.

That night I couldn't sleep. I was filled with joy over the fact that in the morning i will get the key to my family's future and happiness. The tavern of my dreams, Of my father's dreams.

----------------------------------------------

Now Killian Jones is the complete opposite of Emma Swan. Born into the royal family, Killian grew up preparing himself to become the future king of the southern kingdom. His father, the current king, was the type of man that no matter how hard you try, you can never change his mind.

From a young age Killian was dead set on joining the royal navy, but his father forbid it. Killian's late brother Liam had gotten lost a sea and his father couldn't take the heartache and pain of loosing another child.

Killian, since he was two years old had been betrothed to the princess of the Northern Kingdom. No one, not even his father had any information on this princess. She was like a hidden gem. No one had seen her in years. But Killian went by their word that she was the most beautiful girl of the land.

----------------------------------------------
~Killian~

"I do hope your not having second thoughts.... My son we have went through this before! She is the finest girl in the land." My father begins ranting and raving before even giving me a chance to speak. "Father listen to me! I never said any of that. I take your word that she is beautiful. But my heart belongs to the sea where my brothers also belonged." I try to persuade him for the millionth time this month. "And so will your soul. I specifically told you that you would not be joining the navy." He snapped at me. "But father..." I began with a hint of persuasion in my voice. "No! Killian i forbid it!"

It went silent and my mother entered the room with a look of confusion on her face. She then quickly realises the conversation me and my father just had and sighed. She knew how much it meant to me to sail the seas, but she also knew the type of man my father was so she was conflicted.

"Now, as your seem to be feeling a little adventurous i have a job for you Killian." My father broke the silence. "And what is that father." He stared right through me. "You shall journey to the Nothern Kingdom alone to finally meet your betrothed. As of course the wedding is next week." My father explained. "Brennan! He is still a teenager! He can't go alone!" My worried mother shouted at him. "Isabelle that's enough! He is twenty in a few months for heavens sakes! He will be fine."

So after a ten minute debate, my servants were fetching my horse as i packed some supplies for the journey. It would take me too long, around two days atleast. I had to stay at my Uncles one night and an inn on the other. I said my goodbyes to my parents and jumped onto my horse, Jules.

As i began my journey i knew exactly where i was going. But shortly after I had departed from my home I got confused. Why you ask? It rained. That's is the only way to put it. Unfortunately Jules wasn't too keen with the new weather and walked in a different direction from the planned route. So when the rain eventually stopped, I had no idea where I was.

As the day grew to night I was still lost. There was no inns nearby, just forest. I jumped off Jules and took off my cloak and layed it on a tree stump. I set up an campfire and successfully started a fire.

I don't remember falling asleep. But the campfire just gave me a feeling of home. As sleep took over me, my last thought was what was this princess going to look like and would she accept me for me?

................................................................

To all my readers old and new, thank you for reading the first chapter of my new book 'Unwritten'. It means a lot to me and I hope you enjoy this book as it continues to grow

To all my new readers, please give my page a visit and take a look at my other books!

To my current readers and followers, thank you for staying with me as I begin this new book

XxxxxX