Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Harriet’s state of euphoria at winning the Quidditch Cup lasted as long as Harry’s (a week). She had gotten over the whole “Incident” with Malfoy. She had decided to just forget about it and move on, I have better things to do, she said to herself. She still found his warning looks from the match a bit comforting though.

The weather seemed to be celebrating too. As June approached, days became cloudless and sultry. Most of the students found themselves strolling onto the grounds and flopping down onto the grass with several pints of iced pumpkin juice, perhaps playing a casual game of Gobstones or watching the giant squid propel itself dreamily across the surface of the lake.

But it didn’t last for very long of course. Exams were nearly upon them and everyone was feeling the pressure, the students were forced to remain inside the castle, and bully their brains into concentrating while enticing wafts of summer air drifted in through the windows. Even the Weasley twins were working. Something Harriet found quite odd, but it was only understandable because they were about to take their O.W.L.s

Percy Weasley, Ron’s other brother was about to take his N.E.W.T.s making him bust as well. He had been quite edgy for the past couple of days; he had been giving out severe punishments to anybody who disturbed the quiet of the common room in the evenings. Hermione though was quite edgier than he was. Harriet personally thought she was about to snap a couple of nights ago due to over studying.

Harry and Ron still don’t know about her time turner and well, gave up on finding out how she can go to so many classes at once. Harriet had tried talking Hermione into dropping some of her classes but of course she didn’t even bother of thinking of that option.

Harriet had decided to take studying sessions elsewhere mainly because the quietness of the common room was driving her mad. She decided to study at the grounds during the afternoons and at the library during the evenings. Harriet betted her two feet, the common room was quieter than the library. You could drop a pin in there and hear its impact; well if Percy would even actually allow you to make such “noise”.

Harriet sat next to Hermione (who was doing some ‘light reading’) on their dorm room floor and checked to see what her schedule was. Their exams were resuming again later that afternoon and Hermione, like always was studying as if her life depended on it.

Monday

9:00 Arithmancy

9:00 Transfiguration

Lunch

1:00 Charms

1:00 Ancient Runes

“Are you sure you can do this Hermione?” Harriet asked, as she handed the time table back to Hermione who rolled her eyes

“Of course I can,” she said shortly “I’ve been doing it all year. Of course I can do it.”

Harriet shook her head

“Suit yourself.” She muttered as she got up and headed towards the mirror to tie her hair into a high ponytail, their next exam for that afternoon was Potions; Harriet had decided she would keep her hair out of the way mainly because she still wanted to have some after the exams.

Potions was quite easy, Harriet brewed the Confusing Concoction perfectly. Harry who was beside her that time didn’t feel as confident though, he had a hard time making the potion thicken something Snape found quite humorous.