6

"Hi, hyung!"

Yoongi looks up, quickly shaking away any thoughts of Hoseok's eyes, or smile, or lips-

"What's up?"

"Ah, nothing much," Yoongi says, shrugging. He glances at his shoes before back at Namjoon. "Did they like the album?"

Namjoon nods eagerly. "Yeah. They really liked the songs you rapped in. I think they liked the one where you rapped the whole thing better than the one you were featured in, though."

Yoongi beams, any thought of Hoseok quickly vanishing from his mind. "Really?"

"Yeah," the younger boy says happily. "I heard them talking about you. They said that you might be able to release an album."

Yoongi's eyes widen at the possibility. Him? An idol? "Oh my god."

"Right?" Namjoon practically squeals. "It's great! We should go out later, to celebrate."

"Yeah, sure," Yoongi agrees absentmindedly, still amazed at the idea of him being an idol.

☀︎

It's almost midnight, and Yoongi and Namjoon walking back home from a small restaurant-slash-bar, the latter wearing a pair of large sunglasses to obscure his face and not attract too much attention for being the famous Rap Monster.

"I'm stuffed," Yoongi says, lightly patting his stomach. "Thanks for paying."

Namjoon smiles. "No problem, hyung." He glances at Yoongi, who's struggling with the zipper of his sweater, which is stuck because a bit of fabric got wedged in between the teeth.

Namjoon wets his lips and slowly opens his mouth to speak. "Um, hyu-"

"Hey, Yoongi hyung!"

Both males turn to see a boy jogging towards them, mouth open to reveal a hundred-watt smile.

"Hoseok?"

The smiley boy catches up to them, smiling at Yoongi. "What are you doing here, hyung?"

"I just had dinner with Namjoon," Yoongi says, gesturing to the other male, who waves feebly.

Hoseok gasps. "Oh my god- Namjoon! Like-"

"Keep it down!" Yoongi hisses. "Do you want everyone to hear?"

"I-" Hoseok's eyes are as wide as saucers. "You're-?"

"Yeah, I'm Rap Monster."

"Wow- Oh my god- I can't believe it-"

Hoseok continues to fanboy over Namjoon for the next couple of minutes, much to the other two males' amusement. He even gets Namjoon to sign the bottom of his SnapBack.

Hoseok sticks with the two males for a few minutes before saying he has to leave. He gives Yoongi a quick hug before calling out a quick "bye!" and leaving.

Namjoon doesn't miss the light dusting of pink on Yoongi's cheeks.

So the words "I like you, hyung" stay lodged in Namjoon's throat.

Maybe now wouldn't be a good time to confess to him.

Maybe there wouldn't ever be a good time.