You'll never know Dear, How much I love you

Days seemed to go on for years as Len waited and waited. Before he knew it, a week passed and more and more of the hospital staff urged him to let go, move on, get over it. He couldn't though, there was no way, it was impossible. Something he could never possibly accomplish, no matter how hard he tried. Eventually, his visits grew less frequent, from everyday to just three times a week. He still loved Oliver with his entire being but soon he found himself giving up and returning to his normal self. He rejoined his friends and ate dinner with his family more often, it was looking up for him. Until he got a call from the hospital. Oliver wiggled his fingers. He was told it was normal for nerves to still react and all that jizz but soon he was back into that old habit of never leaving, hoping more than he should, waiting.

So he waited, all he ever did was wait, Rin was devastated to say the least, such progress wasted by the wiggle of a few digits. Len was no longer Len, but a shadow of himself, wasting his time on nothing but false hope. "He's not gonna wake up."

"He's gonna wake up." He countered nonchalantly. She flinched at his monotone voice.

"No he's not Len, you know this more than I do. He's not waking up. It's been three months." She contemplated on pulling the plug herself but decided against it since it was illegal to say the least.

"Sometimes it takes years, give him time. He'll wake up."

"Then what? You're gonna put your life on hold for some twelve year old comatose patient? You deserve to move on, find a girl and get married, have kids and die happily! But no, you're waiting for this dead little boy to wake up!" She snapped, her voice firm and loud. He paid her no mind.

"He's thirteen now." He mumbled back, laying his head down on his and Ollie's intertwined hands.

"Fucking unbelievable." She laughed as she turned on her heel and left the room with a defeated huff. She'll come around eventually, it's not like he wanted her here anyhow. All she did was spread negativity and he was honest to god, sick of it.

"It's been raining nonstop this month, I know you love the rain, if only were awake to see it. Your smile would most definitely bring out the sun. Your smile is so beautiful, it's something I wanna see everyday, but I know it'd be less special, so I guess waiting too see it again someday would most definitely make the wait worth it. I know it would, so wake up, okay?" His voice was shaky and cracking by the end of his small speech, he couldn't take much more of this. He wanted nothing more than to see his beautiful significant other smile. He wanted to hug him, touch him, kiss him, he wanted to feel Oliver do the same to him.

"You are my Sunshine... my only Sunshine, you make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know Dear, how much I love you...