Chapter 7

Klay's POV  

When I woke up from seeing Elena last night, I couldn't stop smiling. I headed downstairs to see mom cooking breakfast, and dad on the couch.
"Why are you so happy?" Mykee asked, eating his toast.

I didn't want to make it obvious, so I tried to hide it, "Nothing, just slept good." Right as I said that, Trayce gave me a look, since I used that excuse last time.

"So have you told Elena about you being in the 2011 NBA Draft?" Mom asked, sitting down with us.

"No," I take a sip of juice, "But I will today, since it is next week." 

I see mom give me a look, "Mhmm ok," She sips her coffee, still looking at me suspiciously.

There was something I really needed to tell them. Something that has to do with the future between Elena and I. "So um, I'm going to ask Elena to marry me." I blurt out.

Mom nearly spits out her coffee, and dad almost fell over with his chair. Mykee and Trayce don't say anything, since they already know. "Wow honey, if that's what you want, I ain't going to stop you." I for sure thought she was going to try to talk me out of it.

"So your ok with it?"

"Of course son," Dad comes up from behind me, "I think you and Elena are very happy together, and if you feel like she is the one you see a future with, then make it official."

It felt good to know that they approve, "Thanks, glad you guys are cool with it. So how should it do it?"

"Klay!," Mom probably did like how unorganized I was, "You should already have this planned out. It has to be romantic too, if it's cheap or no thought is put into it, then I won't blame Elena for saying no."

"Ouch mom," I laugh, "Anyway, I was thinking maybe the beach? Since I know she loves that place."

"How cute, so do you have the ring?" Dad asks, pouring himself a cup of coffee.

"I do," I run upstairs to my room, grabbing the little box that rested on my dresser.

"Oh Klay, it's gorgeous!" Mom gushes, looking ready to cry.

"So you think she will like it?" I take the ring back from her

"Of course, she's definitely going to say yes."

"Man congrats, thanks for giving us our first sister-in law." Mykee smiled, giving me a hug, "Next is you Trayce man,"

"Man shut up, your're the oldest, shouldn't you have a girlfriend already?" He shot back, I tried so hard not to burst out into laughter, seeing how embarrassed Mykee was.

"Whatever," He mumbles, harshly pushing Trayce, obviously embarrassed that he just got schooled by his youngest brother.

"Nice," I gave him a high five, impressed.