xv - Rage.

chapter song; doomed - bring me the horizon

"Neckbeard or fedora?" Lark called from across a few aisles. I rolled my eyes as I rummaged through the frilly tops that disinterested me. Apparently there was no plain shirts in the women's aisle no matter how hard I looked.

Harry scoffed behind me. "Fedora, obviously."

I puffed out in frustration and began to fling clothing off the racks. "Bloody bullshit."

"We're in the middle of a zombie invasion, please don't tell me you're looking at the price tags."

I glared at Harry. "I want a simple shirt. I don't want lace, or holes, or spaghetti straps, or bright colours. Just a plain shirt."

He held his finger up at me and disappeared from my view leaving me puzzled at his sudden retreat. I turned back around and continued to skim through the lousy excuse of t-shirts.

"Here." I turned my head to see him holding out a grey shirt. "Good enough?"

I nodded with a smile, grabbing a hold of the slightly oversized shirt but I didn't complain.

The sound of heavy boots neared until we both saw Lark standing there with his arms outstretched.

"What'd you think?" He was suited in a grey short-sleeve with the top button undone to reveal his tanned skin. Still wearing his jeans, of course, but with the additional accessory of suspenders. Not to mention the fedora that actually suit him quite well. "It's a little smaller in some areas but I think it's pretty fitting."

"Killing walkers with style, hm?" Harry raised a brow at his friend.

"Reckon I'll score a few babes, especially with these guns." Lark began to flex his biceps with a wink.

"The babes you attract want to eat your brains, best of luck with that though." I pat his shoulder with a smile before exiting the shop with a few items in hand, and made my way back to the car where Ash and Savannah were sleeping.

-

"Dammit, dammit, dammit, Goddammit!" Harry continuously hit the steering wheel as we emerged onto the I-44E. The car came to a stop as everyone of us stared ahead and became frustrated with the cars that has blocked the lanes. "Lark," he snapped. "Do we have a detour?" I widened my eyes as he yelled at his friend who began to turn multiple pages in panic.

"I-I'm sorry, not for this... Shit, I'm sorry, Haz. This is the only way... I can't believe I didn't reroute this. I'm sorry." His words were rushed as he directed his pointer over the maps for a new route but it would always come at a dead end. "There are only two options..." His gaze flickered to everyone before setting back to his papers. "Either we head back completely and give me time to map out new directions -"

"Not happening," Savannah interrupted.

Lark nodded. "Okay. Next, we pile out, loot around and maybe siphon some gas like we discussed back at the cabin, and manually make a path wide enough to drive through."

"Seems reasonable enough," I agreed.

"It won't," Harry aggressively muttered, covering his face with his palm. "It isn't reasonable. We get out there, out in the open, either someone will steal the car or something's going to happen to one of us."

"The only one being unreasonable here is you, Harry," Savannah scolded. She attempted to rise from her seat to give Harry a piece of her mind, but Ash wound his arm around her waist to keep her situated. "Don't Ash."