x - Dissent.

chapter song; jet pack blues - fall out boy [ft. big k.r.i.t] remix

"Do you have anything else on ya?" The mysterious man asked. His accent was similar to Ash's, except thicker and his voice was much more groggy like he smoked three packs a day. Harry and I both shook our heads as his men approached us. One with bright blonde hair held my backpack, examining the hatchet that hung from it for only a second before tossing it away. He unzipped my backpack and pulled out the silver bottle of Vodka.

"She got yer drink, Boss," I don't even know where he was from. A jagged scar ran over his left eye as he stared at me, his eyes were brown but his left was almost a crystal colour. It looked glassy, fogged where the dark colour should have been more prominent. This man was only partially sighted. "Pretty lass, eh?" He licked the corner of his mouth as he neared me. I was aware of the knife he held, not daring to move.

I looked away from him, but the idiot didn't seem to get the message as he tilted his head underneath my chin to stare right at me. His chest shook as he laughed, rotten teeth peaking from behind his lips. I wanted to gag from the smell of his putrid breath; I've smelt death and decaying bodies. His breath was just as worse.

"Oi, Boss. She a pretty one. Can we keep her?" I clenched my fists, using every ounce of self control to not square him right in his horrid jaw. The "Boss" cackled from where he stood, gun still pointing towards us. The other two looked down at our weapons, checking to see the bullets in our guns. Another with long black hair and a bandana over his mouth held my hatchet, twisting it around his fingers and sliding his index against the blade.

"Maybe they should take us to their place. They got some good hardware," he says as he continued to stare at my hatchet.

"What's your name, Darlin'?" Death Breath asked me, purposely puffing out. I swear I think I almost passed out from the smell.

"Step away from me, don't talk to me, and maybe learn how to use a toothbrush once in a while. It'll do well for you, trust me," I spat, stepping backwards.

He was quick with his actions as he raised his fist and swung, but I was even quicker dodging his attack. His fist swung at nothing, and while he was in a momentary shock I grabbed his hair and pulled hard so he was looking up at me. "And I'm not a wild animal you can keep. I don't belong to anyone." He opened his mouth to say something but I reacted quick enough and slammed the side of his head to the wooden table besides me. He was on the ground unconscious.

I knelt down, reaching for my pistol hidden in my boot and raised it to the Boss. His shock was evident but still remained stationary.

"Give him the weapons, or I blow your Boss' brains out. You have until the count of three. One... Three." I was just about to pull the trigger when another gunshot was heard, not from me. I watched as the stranger with the beard stared at me with widened eyes, but fell straight to the ground. Blood gushed from a hole in his forehead.

I turned to face Harry, who was holding a small black handgun. His face was hard and angry as he stared at the other two men. "Drop the weapons and go. Don't make me shoot you," he spoke slowly and immediately the two men dropped our property and ran off shouting profanities at each other.

His gaze softened as he turned to me. "Are you all right?"

I nodded. "Are you?"

"Yeah," he sighed. "Come on, let's get out of here. We've got one last stop."

We picked up all our weapons, including the Vodka, and left the bed store. I knew that when Harry wanted to be feared he accomplished it. The way those boys ran from us, away from us, only illustrated their apprehension; either it was from the death of their Boss or the threat Harry gave them. Whatever it was, I'm glad we left the shop unharmed.