Chapter Thirteen

{Olivia POV}
When we got to the precinct, we went straight to Cragen. We were so caught up before, we forgot all about the trial and testifying. I couldn't really figure out why we went to Cragen's office, we didn't need to stop there.
"Liv, Elliot, you need to be with Alex in 5 minutes. Why in the world did you come here?" he asked with urgency in his tone.

"Just needed some direction, sorry Cap." I spoke quickly and went for the door. We were then headed to the ADA's office.
•••••••••
{Elliot POV}
"Come in." Alex called from behind the closed door. "Oh! It's you guys! Finally. It took you long enough." Alex shot me a glare and smirked when she turned to Olivia.

"Uh, sorry, Alex. We were both a little tied up." I said and looked over at Liv knowingly.

"Alright, well, we need to get to the courthouse. This may take a while, Elliot. So feel free to leave for a little if you want. I just need you back here when it's your time to testify." she paused to answer her phone.
"Which apparently won't be until tomorrow. Sorry to drag you in, but the defense just now asked to move your testimony up a day." she said after hanging up.

"It's okay. I don't mind staying." We all knew I just wanted to be there for Olivia.

"Shall we go then?" Liv asked, walking towards the door, purposely swaying her hips with every step. She got to the door and opened it for us. Alex walked out and Liv looked over at me with a smug smile on her face as she waltzed out. Just the way she walked made me want her more. I couldn't wait until court was over. We would not be interrupted...again.

After Court
{Olivia POV}
"I'm so exhausted." I said, followed by a yawn.

"Oh no you don't! Drink some coffee or something." He spoke, fairly disappointed.

"No, I think I'm just gonna go to bed. You can stay if you want." I offered.

"I need to talk to you about something serious for a second though. Come sit." Elliot beckoned me. I walked over to the couch not breaking eye contact with him while I walked. I was nervous now. Why? Is something going on? So many thoughts rushed through my head. I felt dizzy. As soon as he sat down beside me, I fainted. I could tell because I blacked out and couldn't hear or see anything for a while.

I woke up to see Elliot staring down at me. We were still in my apartment. I sat back up, slightly disoriented and very confused.

"What just happened, Liv? Are you okay? Can I get you anything?" he asked. It sounded like he was yelling. It had to stop; he was so loud.

"Pl-Please just stop yelling at me!" I said.

"Olivia, I'm not yelling at you. I swear." he said, softer.

"I-I-I'm sorry. It just sounded like you were yelling and I couldn't take it. Can we just talk tomorrow? I really just need to rest." I said with a sigh. I really was exhausted. I knew what he wanted to do, but I just wasn't up for it. I was holding his hands in mine and didn't even realize it. I leaned over to him and kissed him softly.

"Goodnight." I said and got up from the couch still holding his hand.

"Goodnight, Liv. I love you." Did he just...? Oh my god. Do I say it back? Will it be awkward if i don't? I just stopped and looked back at him.
All of these thoughts and questions still ran through my head.

"I love you too, El." I smiled and let go of his hand, walking into my bedroom. He didn't follow me so I guess he was going to stay on the couch. I changed into my pajamas and laid down. I had just closed my eyes and started to drift off when I heard the door open. I closed my eyes again and tried to go to sleep. I wasn't bothered by the presence in the room now. It was comforting. I felt someone lay down behind me and carefully wrap an arm over my waist and pull me to his bare chest. Elliot. He's always there.
•••••••••
{Elliot POV}
I felt odd. I was laying on my back and there was something on each side of my thighs. It felt like someone was straddling me; then I felt the arms. I opened my eyes to see Olivia wrapped around me like a koala bear. I chuckled, careful not to wake her up.

"Oh. Are you awake?" she looked up at me and smiled. When I didn't say anything she started to speak again. "Well I hope you are. You have court in," she paused, "an hour." An hour? That's plenty of time for me to get ready, eat breakfast and lounge around for a few minutes. Why is she waking me up now? Olivia removed herself from me quickly and rolled off the bed, headed to the bathroom adjoined to her room.

"You okay?" I asked and decided to go see for myself when she didn't answer. I walked in to see Olivahunched over the toilet emptying her stomach. "Liv.."

"Can you get me some water, Elliot? Please?"

"Of course." I opened the bottom cabinet and reached for one of the paper cups. I filled it up and gave it to Olivia, who was now sitting in the floor.

"Thank you. I would kiss you but..." she trailed off.

"Don't worry about it." I laughed, smiling. She looked pale and I started to worry even more. "Should we go see the doctor?"

"I don't know about that. Let's just see how this plays out for a few more hours."

"I have court, though. Remember?" I told her.

"Oh. Yeah. I'll be fine. If I need to go somewhere I'll call Alex." she didn't realize her mistake.

"Liv, Alex will be in court too." I spoke softly.

"Yeah. I forgot for a second. Maybe I can call..." she trailed off again. This time she really couldn't finish her sentence. It seemed like she didn't have anyone else but me and Alex. She could always call Cragen. But I don't think she would want him to see her like this.

"I wish I could sit out and stay with you. But I have to do this on the defense's time; not mine. Sorry. I'll be home as soon as possible though." by now I had to go ahead and get ready and eat if I wanted to. I told Olivia just to go back to bed and get some rest.

About thirty minutes later I was ready to go. Hopefully I could get back within the hour to take Olivia to the hospital.
•••••••••
{Olivia POV}
I was scared. I thought about why I was feeling so bad. Could it be side effects of my medicine? Well, no; I wasn't even taking any strong meds. Is it a viral infection or some kind of stomach bug? Could I be.... pregnant? I've been emotional and the morning sickness has definitely taken over. I'd better call Casey and see if she will stop by and bring me a test. If I was pregnant, I wanted to know now. I went back into the bedroom and picked up my phone.
It rang twice before she picked up.
C: "Hey, Liv. What's up?"
O: "Not much, Casey. Um I was actually wondering if you could possibly... I don't know uhm bring me a... you know, pregnancy test?" I said the last part in a whisper.
C: "Oh my god Olivia! Definitely! I'll be over in 5 minutes.
O: "Okay, thank you, Casey. I appreciate it."
C: "No problem! See you in a bit."
O: "Alright, bye." I paused, "And be safe!"
C: "Don't worry about me, Liv."
I was so nervous and scared. Hell, I was petrified. What would I do if I had a baby? I couldn't work out in the 'field' for a few months. Would Elliot stick around? How would he feel about it? I was making the bed and headed to the kitchen to eat something when I heard knocking. I went to the door, looked through the peephole and saw Casey standing there holding up the small bag from the drugstore. I opened the door and ushered her in.
"Thank you so much, Casey. I would've gotten it myself but I've been feeling dizzy lately and didn't want to risk driving or passing out in a cab." I explained.

"No problem! But now I wanna see if you're pregnant so let's go do this!" she said excitedly.

"Let's? How about I go do this." I said, laughing. She handed me the small box and I headed to the bathroom with it.

I waited for the positive or negative....

Negative