Chapter 01 - The Bestfriend

{Play Little Things – One Direction}

Kristine's POV

"Sebastian! Wake up now!"

I tried waking up Sebastian. I'm Kristine and he is my bestfriend. We're neighbors so basically we grew up together. We attended same school from Preparatory to College but took different courses. I took Accountancy while he took Engineering. Since he was younger, he was very interested in electronics and on how a machine works. I remembered when we were in high school; he helped in repairing an electric fan. I saw how proud he was when he repaired it successfully for the first time and I couldn't be more proud of him back then.

Yes, I'm his bestfriend but I also love him more than a friend. I didn't know how or when it started. It was one summer day before our fourth year high school that I felt being friends with him was not enough. I wanted to demand more attention and time from him. I wanted commitment! But sadly, when I confessed my feelings for him that night on our roof top, he said he doesn't feel the same way to me and that he just had Caroline's yes to be his girlfriend. Caroline is the It Girl at school, the pretty and sexy Cheerleader, the trendsetter. What do I say?! I'm just a plain and boring geek. Maybe if Sebastian hadn't been my bestfriend, for sure I have been bullied at school.

"Kaye it's too early!" Bastycomplained. We have pet names for each other. I call him Basty while he calls me Kaye.

"But you promised me breakfast remember? I beat you at our chess match last night. I wanna eat my breakfast before I go to school at eight."

"You just won because I felt sleepy last night."

"Sleepy? We played four times and I've beaten you thrice!"

"Yes because I was too sleepy."

"Whatever Basty! You still lost in the game so you have to treat me breakfast okay?"

"Okay okay!" He got up. He didn't mind flaunting his body with only boxer shorts as cover. Well, I don't even want to complain. Beside his good-looking face, he is a certified hunk! He has a very nice physique behind his lean body, broad shoulders with muscular biceps and well-toned abs.In spite of being a popular heartthrob at school, he maintains good grades. He's family-oriented. He is very close to her older sister. As a friend, he's very kind and supportive. He always keeps his promise to be there always for me. At the back of my mind, I'm always wondering am I always be just his bestfriend?

*************************************************************************************

"Here's your order, Ma'am", said the waiter here in café.

"Thanks! But this is not the coffee I ordered for Basty. It should be one spoonful of sugar, two of creamer and a pinch of coffee." I said to the waiter.

"You really know me, you know my favorites!" Basty commented.

"Everything." I said confidently.

"Really? Let's try, what's my fave shirt?"

"Very easy! Your favorite shirt is the blue one with 16km print. It was your shirt the first time you ran that long so it was memorable to you."

"Wow! No one knows about it. Mom thought I didn't like it because I don't wear it often. Didn't I already tell you about that?"

"Nah."

"Okay. Hmm. Next question, which part of my body I never like?"

"Your dimples." I smiled mischievously.

"It's an asset Kaye."

"No,I mean the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine." He almost spit his coffee. I laughed at his expression.

"How did you know?"

"'Coz everytime we swim, you raise your shorts' waistband to hide them. See,I know everything about you." I said proudly.

"You're just an observant. Okay, last question."

"Bring it on!" I challenge him. I mean not to brag but I really know this guy.

"Who's my first love?"

"That was a bit tricky. Which of the two? The one you courted with four big brothers or the skinny one you first brought on a date?"

"I just brought Lynelle on a date because I was set up! You know that!"

"But you still dated her."

"Tss. Well for the record, you are mistaken!" Crossing his arms closer to his chest.

"Whutt?! Don't tell me it was Caroline?" I doubt it but I can never tell. I never know his feelings. What I only know is that he doesn't feel the same way to me.

"Nope." Emphasizing the P sound. Okay that was a relief! "Not her."

"Ha? Then who she is?"

"Speak of, Caroline's calling. Excuse me for a minute."
I was wondering who could be that lucky girl.

"Kaye, are you done?"

"Yap. I'm done."

"Come on! I'llgive you a ride to school. I'll meet Caroline there."

"Isn't it too early for your classes?" Basty and Caroline are classmates. It's just 7am. I should still have an hour with Basty.

"I forgot today is our monthsary and she wanted to have her breakfast with me."

"Give her flowers then pretend that you plan surprising her." I suggested.

"Nice idea! Thanks Kaye. You really are my bestfriend!"

Ouch.