Final #1 (Part 2): Pieces

(Song: Pieces by Piper Emerald [Once again, the TV drama of Death Note.] Original song name: Whisper by Icon for Hire) (Light-kun's POV) (Also, this chapter mentions blood, soo... yeah. Not much though so don't worry, just a head's up)

BANG!

'This is it... it's all over...' I thought. 'Why don't I feel pain?'

I opened my eyes, which I hadn't even realized that I'd closed. I slowly looked around- only to spot Aizawa and Mogi dragging Matsuda away from me. I felt a small pain in my ear and looked to the side- the bullet had landed right next to my head.

"Matsuda! What are you doing!" I heard Aizawa yelling.

"He deserves to die! He deserves to die and pay for all the lives he's taken!" Matsuda screamed.

Just by taking one look at the man's eyes you could he was desperate- for what, I don't know.

I looked over at Mikami, who was just standing there and staring with shocked eyes like the idiot he is. "Mikami, you idiot! Don't just stand there, do something!" I hollered, my voice slightly raspy.

By now, the pain had settled in and was starting to take over. But I wasn't ready to lose without putting up a fight.

Mikami looked confused for a moment, then seemed to have remembered the pen in his hand. Seemingly, without giving a second thought, he took the pen and stabbed it into his heart, blood gushing out from his chest. Immediately, everybody except Near ran to Mikami's side, trying to stabilize him. It was too late though, it had been too late the moment he had stabbed himself.

'Perfect,' I thought, pushing myself up painfully. 'Now, I just have to run.'

It only took a few a seconds to balance myself, and in less than a second I was hobbling/running for the door of the warehouse. I yanked it open with my good arm, then ran outside.

"He's getting away!" I heard someone yell behind me, and then heard Near's voice most likely answering the first one. But Near's voice was too quiet, making his words indecipherable.

I clutched my right shoulder, and hobbled down the familiar sidewalk. It was the path that I took to go home everyday when I was in high school...

Looking around, I noticed that the path looked much like it did the day this all started, the day I picked up the Death Note...

There was even the same the sunset in the background. I felt tears start rolling down my eyes as I walked into a different warehouse, this one seemingly much smaller than the first. I stumbled up onto a small stairway, laying my sore body across it. I felt the stair corners jabbing into my back, but the pain from those were nothing compared to the gunshot wounds.

My breathing was ragged, each breathe taking a large amount of energy from me. 'This is it...' I thought. 'This is where I'm going to die.'

I looked down towards my feet, and saw...

Him, standing there, his figure slightly faded.

What was L doing, standing there? He looked exactly like he did the day he died, except now his bangs covered his eye. But... He's supposed to be dead...

I didn't care if I was talking to a ghost or a human or the devil, I spoke my last words anyway. "L...I-I love... I love y-you L-Lawliet," I managed to gasp out, as a searing pain tore through my chest. I felt my heart slowing, saw my world fading...

Then death. I felt death grasp me, pulling me into its open, welcoming arms.

~ ~ ~