Chapter 26

- Chapter 26 -

-

|•| Third Person POV |•|

Aria felt unbelievably alive. Since when did she ever have this urge for murder? She had an unexplainable feeling of distance from anything sane.

Hm, no sign of Damon's ass anyway, she thought to herself.

Klaus arrived at the scene, noting that Aria was simply staring at nothing in particular with a blank expression on her face.

Had she decided to forgive him, he thought.

"Aria?" Nik called, confused as to why Damon had shown up at the Mikaelson Household in such panic.

"What?" She asked boldly, folding her arms.

"Why did the older Salvatore arrive at my door asking me to find and help you? What have you done?" He asked sternly.

"Oh, nothing. It's really boring here. Can't we go back to New Orleans?" She asked, pouting, her slender fingers dancing along Klaus' arm.

"What have you done?" Klaus' pupils dilated as he held her gently by her shoulders, compelling the stubborn brunette.

"I feel numb." Was her answer.

Numb, what on earth could she be talking about? He thought.

No.
She wouldn't have.

"You didn't-" he started, "Its better like this. I'm better like this." She said harshly before ripping herself from his iron grip.

"Why?" He compelled again.

"I was lonely." She spoke monotonously.

"You had Damon. You had me." He spoke in a desperate, but stern voice, one that would normally have made Aria upset.

"I don't care anymore, so there's no point on taking me on a bloody guilt trip." Aria sneered.

Klaus looked at her in slight surprise but quickly hid it.

"I'm the most powerful hybrid you'll ever meet, love. What makes you think that you can talk to me like that and get away with it?" He asked, walking dangerously close to the emotionless vampire.

"The thing is, Nik," She spoke, resting her hand on his shoulder, leaning up to his ear, "You can't, because you still love me, I can see it." She whispered, feeling satisfied after hearing him gulp.

She pulled away and scoffed. "When will you ever learn. Was Mikael not enough for you to realize that I don't care?"

Klaus breathed out heavily and his lips formed a tight line, before lifting his arm and grabbing the girl by the throat, pushing her back into the wall of The Grill.

"I'm losing my patience with you. Listen, here. Keep acting like this and you'll have lost everyone and you will end up dead, I assure you." He glared at her.

"You threaten me but you never exercise the promise, Nik. It's all empty threats. Let me tell you something," She pushed him away, "I can cause a lot of trouble inside the walls of the castle you think you have, and the power you also claim to have over everyone." She rolled her eyes at the rumour.