Chapter 23

- Chapter 23 -

-

• Third Person View •

Niklaus sat with his head in his hands, frowning and confused. He wondered why she couldn't see he was being sincere. He didn't understand why she ran.
   Meanwhile, Aria was sitting in a similar position on the road. She liked the feeling of being in danger. It made her feel alive and more aware, it helped her think straight.

She knew that Klaus was sincere, but she also couldn't help but think about everything said about him. How she probably hasn't seen the half of it. How he tricks you. Deceives you. All of this chewing, before spitting you out when you are no longer of use to him.

How could she trust such a damaged soul?

========

• Aria's POV •

The voices are not getting any better. No matter how false these things they tell me are, they're just so convincing.

"Hopeless. Your hopeless, Aria Torres." They spat.

I simply stayed silent.

"You know you are not strong enough to fight back. Weak. You're weak!" They yelled.

"Get the fuck  out of my head, you sick, sick demons!" I cried out clutching my hair.

I sensed a presence behind me. I turned around but nobody was there.

"I'm not okay anymore," I whispered and sat with my head resting on my knees.

//

I walked into Klaus' apartment. He wasn't there, of course. He had better things to be doing than babysitting me.

I plopped my tired body down on the leather couch facing the television and threw my phone beside me.

I sat and stared at it, for whatever reason expecting someone to call.

When Damon's name popped up on the screen, I was quick to answer.

"Aria?" He asked.

"Hey," I said quietly, more relieved to hear from him than I sounded.

"When will you be back?" I could imagine the frown on his face.

"I don't know. I don't even know why I'm here, all I do is follow him about like a lost cause." I sighed.

The door knocked and I couldn't think of anyone that would've been behind the door.

"Better go and answer that," Damon said.

"Ugh, they're not worth my time." I breather dramatically and slouched in my position.

"Goddamn it, just answer the door." Damon nagged.

I began to get suspicious.

I stood up and balanced myself before I slowly walked to the door, swinging it open without checking who it was with the little glass hole at the centre of the door.