Insistent Lightning

I do not own KHR! (If I did, the artwork would be absolutely terrible)

Lambo was bored, his gaze landed on the older Lightning guardian that looked down at him in disgust. "Give Lambo candy." He said to the male that towered above him. After being transported to the past, they all indeed became younger, but for some reason, Lambo was the least affected. He was technically only 3 in this time. Which was strange considering he was a good 8 years younger than Tsuna. But at the moment, that didn't matter to Lambo. He was technically only still 12 after all. He just wanted to do something, he was already bored enough. 

Lampo sighed and looked up to see all of the other guardians gone already. He grumbled as he opened the door and motioned his hand, trying to get the smaller boy to exit the room. Lambo followed after the older lightning guardian, hoping that something would happen. After a long period of silence, they arrived at large oak doors. Lampo pushed the doors open and walked inside. Lambo, who wasn't fast enough to get in, peeked through the door crack trying to see what Lampo was trying to do. It seemed that what was behind that door was the kitchen, chefs waltzing around the young lightning guardian and offering him treats. The afro haired boy sat there, salivating at the smell that was coming from the kitchen.

Lambo struggled with the heavy doors, his hands trying to push the doors open. Lambo glared at his small hands before starting to try again. After finishing off his tart, Lampo looked around in the kitchen, looking for the little boy that was with him only a few moments earlier. He swore that he was at the door with him. That was when he saw the door slightly open before closing shut again. Little huffs were heard and footsteps shuffled behind the door. Lampo slowly walked towards the door, opening it with caution. Lambo fell forward as Lampo opened the door and landed on his face. Rubbing his face as he got back up, he looked up at the figure above him. He was about to fall again, still uncomfortable with his new body size, but was caught by a hand. Slowly brought back up, Lampo looked at him with a small spark of interest in his eyes. 

Chefs quickly walked over to the new arrival and offered the treats, thinking it was another of the guardians but instead saw a replica of the lightning guardian that was standing just beside them. They glanced towards the teen that was standing before offering the baked treats they had to the boy. Lambo greedily took the food that was presented in front of him. Silently, they took off to the garden where the chefs promised that they would bring more food and tea. Lambo swung his legs as he sat on the chair, sipping the juice that was brought to them earlier. 

Lampo glanced at the boy, trying to see exactly what kind of brat this kid was. Other than the shockingly similar looks and personality (which he would never admit out loud), the kid was still a kid. He scoffed to himself as he thought about the other children. What kind of trick from God was this?

Of course, Lambo noticed the pair of eyes that watched him as he drank from his juice. He was technically still the lightning guardian and a hitman. But he was just thinking about was how angry Tsuna would be once they get together properly again. Giannini did touch the 10 year Bazooka even after Tsuna specifically told him that he shouldn't let him touch it. As soon as he entered the inventor's lab, Lambo was efficiently distracted by the multitude of treats that was at the back. Giannini was quick to modify the weapon before Lambo could suspect anything happened to it. With a few sparks and twists of the screws, it was back to it's original state. The inventor didn't want anything bad to befall his boss or his family, he just wanted to tinker as all inventors did. But now, the entire 10th generation is stuck in the past and who knows what would happen in the future without them.

"Come on brat, we can't it here all day. My butt is going to get sore if we sit here any longer." Lampo ditched his tea and started walking down the path, pausing every so often to see if Lambo was still behind him. They walked along in silence, the awkward air between them thick. Eventually, Lampo spoke up "What are you to your band of misfits?". "We're a family, not a band of misfits." Lambo immediately blurted out, his face twisting a bit at the words 'band of misfits'. "We're a family and everybody is important." 

Lambo took awhile before looking back up to the older Lightning guardian. He seemed lost in his own thoughts, walking a bit slower now. "Yeah, okay, a family." Lampo kind of gave a gaze of understanding as he looked back down. He knew what it was like to feel as if you weren't part of the family. To see them always protect you, leave you behind, or see your efforts as null. He knew that he was the only one thinking that way and that his other fratellos didn't think of him like that, yet it crushed him like that either way. There was a slight, brief connection between the elder and younger guardian. The understanding of being left behind and wanting to catch up to their family, to their brothers. But they both knew that they understood that they were important to their family, that everyone was. Lampo scoffed, if Lambo felt the same way, the little 'family' they had is much more like his own than he thought. 

Suddenly they heard the bell for dinner and turned. Lambo tumbled once again and fell, he pouted, refusing to get back up. His pride was broken and refused to get back up. "Oi, get back up, we need to get back for dinner." Lampo sighed and looked down, cautiously picking up the younger boy by his clothes. The only reason he bothered to try picking him up is because Giotto would kill him if he didn't, so precariously, he picked up the boy by his shirt before throwing him over his shoulder. Lampo, of course, doesn't have any experience in carrying children and carried Lambo like a sack.

Eventually they arrived at the dining hall and saw the rest of the guardians. Lampo dropped Lambo onto the chair and sat down himself. As soon as they were served their meal, Lambo perked back up and started eating. Although it wasn't as good as the food Mama made, he could see Tsuna watching him from across the table. Lambo was a messy eater, even more so than Ryohei, smearing food across his face and accidentally getting some on his clothes. Lampo looked at him with a bit of a grimace before reaching for a napkin and throwing it onto his face. It lasted like this for a while but Lambo was the first to collapse. He was curled up on his chair with speckles of sauce around his mouth. Lampo wiped his face down and tossed him over his shoulder once again. 

Lampo walked down the hall in complete silence as always. He was surprised that he didn't complain once about this situation. Well if you discounted the very beginning that is. Lambo shifted and murmured to himself, still asleep. Bringing Lambo down, Lampo started to cradle him instead of throwing him over his shoulder. The small child buried himself a bit more into the warmth and went back to being still. Red littered Lampo's face as he kept walking down the hall to his room.

Sorry? Well I guess I should be sweating profusely right now but you see, school is hard. I know that I always say school as an excuse but I promise this time! The end of school is rolling around and assignments are starting to stack up. But hey, maybe next time I'll do a double whammy and post the cloud and mist chapters at the same time... who knows. But for sure I'll work harder to get another chapter out even faster! Thank you so much for all of the support (I think there was support) that has been given out. Thanks for the votes and reads! I'll work harder...