Chapter 13

The time danced through the house as the movie played throughout the darkness. Kenny watched the movie with little effort when he felt Damon's hand draw small designs on his back. No words exchanged between the two as Fight Club played through the quiet. Softly, Damon sat up straight and patted Kenny lightly on the back, signifying he should sit up.

"Where are you going?" Kenny glanced up and looked at Damon as long as he could manage, until the butterflies attacked his stomach.

"No where," Damon said plainly and slid off the couch. He walked swiftly towards another room deep within the house leaving Kenny alone with his brain and mind.

Kenny leaned against the arm of the couch and watched Damon disappear into the darkness of the home. The first thought came though unwelcome by his thoughts, but lasting nonetheless: What if Damon didn't feel the same about him? Kenny's eyes dropped to his hands, their silhouette glowed in the light of Fight Club. There was a light heat that started in his cheeks and flustered up to his eyes. There was a small feel of warm wetness running down his cheeks. What was he doing? Why must he cry and such times? Kenny tried to shake the tears away as he looked down. He heard the sound of footsteps coming towards him, and Kenny began to hide his face.

Damon looked Kenny over. There was something off about his posture that made Damon question if he was okay. "Kenny?" Damon asked walking more towards the shorter male. A small whimper leaving his lips gave Kenny away. As if a queue had been announced, Damon was on one knee and cupping Kennys head within his hands. "Kenny?"

Kenny choked on his own breath and tried to shake Damons hands, "I'm fine. I don't even know why I'm crying..."

Liar. Damon ran his thumb under Kenny's eye, wipping away one of the many tears brimming. "Sure there's a reason why you're crying."

"Its stupid. I don't even know why its so effective." Kenny forced a smile to cross his lips "I haven't even known you that long."

Damon felt a frown pass his lips and fall on Kenny. Instead of saying anything on the topic, Damon slid into the spot beside Kenny and laid his arm softly around him. For a moment, the male looked shocked by the action but, after a moment, came to rest his head on Damon's shoulder.

Damon looked back at the television and found they weren't far into the movie. Maybe Kenny would let the thought slid from his mind and into the darkness where he wouldn't think about it again.

---

"I think I should go..." Were the only words to leave Kenny's lips when the long movie finally ended. His eyes still glinted with the hint of sadness.

"If you say. It's Monday by the way." Damon paused for a moment as he stood up and looked at Kenny "aren't you a college student?"

Kenny nodded and stood himself. Now he began to think of his two classes he had missed today while he was here with Damon.

Damon smiled softly and placed his hand on Kenny's shoulder. "It was nice to have a shot." It felt strange letting Kenny go just like that. Damon had built everything up in his mind and now he was just leaving. Damon would be lucky to even hear a phone call with his name on the ID. Damon's jaw flexed when he remembered the last relationship he had been in. They had dated for a month before either of their parents found out about their dating. Being 16, Damon was crushed when he was forced to leave his boyfriend because it was, 'unnatural'. He never got so little as a good bye from the boy he had thought he loved. What would make Kenny any different?

Damon slowly let his hand fall from Kenny's shoulder as he walked towards his leather jacket that was draped over the couch, "I'll take you to your car." And then I'll never see you again. Damon bit his cheek and slipped his coat over his shoulders.

Kenny nodded and walked towards the door. Silently, he began to hope. Hope his father wouldn't care with how long he'd been gone. Hope Damon wouldn't want to cut all ties. Hope his father wouldn't notice Damon's cologne on his clothes. Most of all, he hoped his father wouldn't notice how he'd fallen for a man he barely knew.