Is everything okay?

Chapter 18

-Jade's pov-

*3 days later*

I lean against my locker and sigh as I wait for Leo. I look around and feel my mood drop even more when I see all the guys asking the girls to the dance.

Which I may add, is in two days. I haven't spoken to Marco since the whole incident at the track area.

Well I've spoken to him, but he just walks away when I get near him. "Hey Jade. Sorry I'm late." Leo apologizes as he walks to my right side. I don't respond. I just keep looking at all the happy couples, and here I am, single for almost three entire years.

I see everyone look over to some commotion down the hall way

"Ugh your such a loser slut." I hear a snappy voice. I walk closer and see a girl with bleach blonde hair, a flashy outfit, and a look of hatred on her face cornering Wynter.

Wynter is my biology partner and we've become really good friends over the time I've been here. I'm not about to let her get a beat-down by some whore.

I stand there and watch the scenario in case she needs help. I see Wynter start to tear up at the constant insults from the bully. "Stephanie please! I'll never talk to him or even look at him again!" Wynter cowards away. I decide to step in before she hurts anyone.

"Hey, what the fuck do you think your doing?" I ask as I stand between Wynter and Stephanie.

"Stay out of this! You're messing with my fun!" She says angrily before she smacks me across the cheek. I hold my cheek to try to calm the stinging. My face turns from shock to anger in a split second.

"Wynter, go." I say through my teeth as I look at Stephanie with anger. She automatically turns around and sprints away.

"You wanna mess with people for your own amusement? Entertainment? Or wait, you probably don't know what those words mean.. Awe, stupid, dumb, blond-" I don't even get to finish my cocky statement before she slaps me again.

"You twat! You can't talk to me like that! My father is a lawyer." She says angrily. "So?" I ask as if to see what weak shit she's trying to play.

"He has access to all your personal records." She smiles evilly and circles around me like a vulture. I gulp down my nervousness and let her continue.

"I already know so much about you, Jade. I believe there was something about your father in there." She spits.

I try to ignore the last thing she said to the best of my abilities and bring some false confidence into my voice.

"Oh, but Stephanie, you don't know that I've already been through hell and back. I'm pretty sure I can take you and your father." I say, trying to sound confident.

"Well at least my dad isn't a dead beat who can't afford to pay for McDonald's." she laughs. Memories of my dads abuse flash through my mind.

I feel tears start to form in my eyes but I wipe them away quickly. I'm not showing her I'm weak. "You don't know anything." I say to her, my voice cracking.

"I know you're a lonely little whore whose mother is DEAD." She emphasizes 'dead' to hurt me more. "And her father is an alcoholic and is known to do drugs." She says.

I take in the last part she said. "Drugs?" I ask weakly.

"Yep. Your excuse of a father was actually locked up because of his use of heroin and meth." She says happily. Her mood was really irritating me. After I hear the news, I feel tears prick my eyes, but I wipe at them furiously.

"Fuck. You." I spit on her shirt and walk in the direction of the bathroom. I hear her gasp behind me and I hear her scream that she was gonna get me back, but I really don care right now.

I pass by Leo with tears in my eyes. I try to hide them but I guess he sees because he looks at me, worried.

I see Marco and Cheyenne ahead of me and I only cry more as I quicken my pace. I see him stop talking to her and look at me concerned as I pass by him swiftly.

'Great. Now everyone thinks I'm an attention whore.' I think to myself.

I start running faster when I Leo call after me from far away. I dash through the bathroom door and into the stall. I lock it and fall onto the dirty tile floor.

I hear somebody enter the bathroom and I hear a girl shriek. "You can't be in here!" She says in an annoying voice. "Shut up. This is urgent." I hear a deep voice say. She stomps out of the bathroom.

"Jade! She's just a bitch! Don't listen to her." Marco says as he bangs on the door.

He must have seen the fight but thought I was handling it pretty well. I guess he left before she brought up my father.

As he continuously beats on the door, I shrink into the farthest corner of the handicap stall and curl up into a ball.

Soon, he stops beating and I thought he had given up. I let out a sigh of relief, but cease it when I see his arm come under the stall and lift up to the lock. "There we go." He mutters to himself as he slides it open.

I shrink back more as he enters the stall and put my head between my knees. He kneels down beside me and puts his hand on my shoulder.

"You shouldn't let her get to you." He says as he squeezes my shoulder to try to calm me down. It works because my cries have now turned into sniffles.

"You don't understand." I mutter under my breath. "I try." He sighs. "You're just really complex." He says with a little laugh which get me to laugh also. "I try my best." I say with a smile.

"So, what happened. You seemed to be doing really well. You're a tough girl, I thought you would have beaten that bitch's ass." He says with a smile. He sees my expression change from a smile to a frown and he stops smiling too.

"She just brought up something really painful." Is all I say as I tighten my grip on my knees.

Outside you can hear the school bell, signaling the end of school for that day.

"I'm gonna go tell Cheyenne I have to leave her a for a few hours." Marco says as he gets up.

"Why? Don't you want to do stuff with your girlfriend?" I ask as I slowly get off the floor.

"I'll just tell her it's important." He says as he exits the stall. "What could be more important than your girlfriend?" I ask as I follow him.

"I need to take care of a friend. I think that's pretty important." He says as he leaves the bathroom and walks up to Cheyenne.

He says a few words and I see her head drop. Her fingers start to rub her temples as if she was having a major headache. She starts to yell at him but I can't exactly make out what she's saying.

I walk up to him and see Cheyenne glare at me and quickly turn around.

"I'm sorry." He says as she walks away, furious.

"You shouldn't have done that.." I say, feeling guilty.

"Stop it. I'm gonna go get Leo and let you guys talk about what happened with Stephanie. After that, if you need me, I'll hang at your house or something." He says as he starts to walk away.

"Marco." I say and he quickly turns around. "Your a good friend, just know that." I say to him and he smiles. "You're not to bad yourself." He laughs as he turns and walks away.

A few minutes later I see Leo walking up to me. "Leo! Hey, man." I say as I hug him.

He doesn't hug back.

"Leo? Are you okay?" I ask as I look over his features.

"It's him.." Is all he says, his expression motionless. "What?" I ask, confused. "He was able to comfort you. I wasn't." He says. "It's was a girls bathroom, I don't exactly expect you to go in there to help me." I laugh, trying to lighten the mood.

His expression stays as hard as stone.

"That just shows that he's willing to take risks for you." He says as he shakes his head. "Whatever.. This was stupid. You've already fallen for him." He says in an irritated tone.

"I like you, and only you. And even if I liked him a little, he kinda has a girlfriend!" I emphasize the word 'girlfriend'.

He doesn't even answer me before I hear his phone buzz and he looks at it. He types a short text and hits send.

"I gotta go. Jeremy says that he has something important to talk to me about. I'll talk to you later." He says a little too quickly and turns around.

I don't even say anything back. I turn around and start to walk slowly out of the school, towards the house me and Leo share.

Something about this situation isn't right. There's something he isn't telling me. Is he really going to see Jeremy? I shake my head furiously to shake the thoughts away. I can trust Leo.

Right?

------------------------

So another chapter! Yay! Sorry it took a while, but I didn't know what to write!

I have plans for the next chapter and I'm going to start writing it as soon as I post this chapter.

Thanks for reading all of this, I really appreciate all this love and support.

Ilyasfm

•Catlin•

ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ