"Sit tight," Ladybug said to them, rolling her eyes. She exited the room and was now beginning her next quest- saving Adrien.

*

Adrien slipped into the Kingdom unnoticed. He looked around before racing up the grand staircase. Halfway up, someone called him.

"Your Highness," a voice said. He turned around and his royal assistant, Nathalie, was standing there with a stack of papers in her hand.

She joined him on the steps before bowing. "The preparations for the marriage are complete," she said. "Please inform Ms. Bourgeoise."

Adrien nodded and hesitantly took the papers. "Very well," he mumbled. Nathalie bowed once again before leaving.

Adrien continued up the stairs, this time more slowly and without stride. The papers only made it more real. He was destined to marry Chloe. And there wasn't anything he could do about it.

He walked past a large window, but something caught his eye. He turned his head and noticed that a red figure was looking at him from afar. He looked closer and saw that it was Ladybug. She was standing on a tree branch and looking directly at him.

Adrien moved closer to the window and then placed a hand on it. The girl he truly loved was so close but so far away. His breath was fogging up the glass as his emerald eyes stared at Ladybug.

"Adrien!" she yelled, her face contorting in anger.

Adrien raised an eyebrow. Why was Ladybug yelling? He hadn't done anything wrong? Well, he did fog up the window...

"Adrien!" she yelled again, louder. A sharp pain was then felt in Adrien's shoulder, and he quickly turned around.

Chloe was standing there, a twisted grin on her face. "Hi, my Adrien," she cooed. "I thought you had lost it or something. I was calling your name."

Adrien widened his eyes and faced the window again. Ladybug was gone. She was no longer sitting in the spot on the tree. Was it all an illusion? A figment of his imagination?

"So, what papers do you have there?" Chloe asked.

Adrien blinked a few times. "Oh, uh, Nathalie gave these to me," he said.

Chloe snatched the papers from his hands and read it over. She smirked with delight. "Ah! Our wedding is approved by your father. How nice."

Adrien gulped and offered a smile. "Yeah."

"Well, I'm going to get fixed up for our big ceremony," Chloe said, smoothing her hair. She got on her tippy toes and pecked Adrien on the cheek. "Goodbye, my sweets."

Chloe strutted away while Adrien quickly wiped her saliva off his cheek. He cleared his throat and then continued down the hallway, stealing one last glance at the window before he did so.

Adrien entered his room and closed the door. He sat in his chair and sighed, pinching his nose. He didn't want this marriage to happen, but it was the only way he could ensure his friends' safety.

A quiet knock was heard at the door. It was probably Chloe. "Come in!" he yelled, slightly out of patience.

The door opened slowly and instead of Chloe being there, a hooded figure was in the doorway. Their facial features were undistinguishable under the cover of the hood. Adrien raised an eyebrow. "Who are you?" he asked suspiciously.