"Ni, I know that it's hard for you but it's definitely a possibility. When was the last time you and Harry had sex?" he asked, his tone incredibly blunt, leaving me no room to feel embarrassed about what he had just asked me.

"I don't remember," I murmured, tearing my eyes away from him and biting my lip.

"Yes, you do," he replied and I looked back at him to see that he had raised an eyebrow.

"The night before he left," I eventually let out, feeling the tears begin to actually fall.

"I'm going to get you a test. I'll be back soon," he said, heading out of the room, leaving me alone with my thoughts.

~

"Lou," I sobbed, rushing out of the bathroom and hugging Louis, who was shocked at the sudden force but hugged me back regardless.

He led me over to the couch and sat us both down, his grip seeming to tighten around my waist as my cries got louder.

"I-It's positive, Lou. Why did this have to happen?" I let out, my voice almost inaudible due to the way I was crying.

"Shh, Ni. It's going to be okay. You're going to be okay, I'm here for you."

I knew that I had Louis to count on but I wasn't sure at that exact moment if that was enough. Louis could never be there for me the way Harry would have been but the difference was that Louis was still there.

"Promise?" I asked him, wiping a few tears away.

"Of course. Whatever happens, I'll be right there beside you, just like before," he smiled reassuringly.

Harry's POV

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Liam asked, giving me an unsure glance.

"I'll be fine. I don't need you to stay here and baby me," I replied softly.

"Okay," he mumbled, pulling me tightly into his arms. "I'll call you when I get back home. Please answer it, okay?"

"Liam, I'll be fine. Stop worrying about me. I can take care of myself," I said, smiling at him softly.

"Doubtful," Gemma murmured sarcastically from where she was standing, causing me to look over and send her a displeased look, before looking back at Liam.

"Alright, I'm going now. I love you," he said softly.

"I love you too," I breathed out.

He hugged me again, before pulling away.

"Take care of Niall for me. The last thing I want is for him to be upset about this and if he's mad at me, let him. I deserve it. And take care of Carter," I told him.

"I'll take care of them if you take care of yourself, okay?" he asked, making me nod.

~

A couple of weeks after I had gone to Gemma's was when I began to question whether I did the right thing. Deep down I knew that I only left to protect him and it was for the best, but there was that voice at the back of my head that was telling me to go back.

What if I was wrong for doing that? Maybe I should have stayed and talked to Niall about it.

Maybe running off wasn't the answer.