Chapter 4

"A shinobi is just a weapon. It's feelings don't mater only their use." ~ Unknown

"Rise Narikami, average ninjutsu scores, her genjutsu is barely existent, however her taijutsu is exceptional. In fact she is ranked third in her graduating class in close combat." Mina said watching her long friend Yukiko inspect the papers that had been put in front of her. Her eyes raced across the records of the young Narikami, a thin smile across her lips.

"It says that her academic scores are the third lowest in her class." Yukiko commented.

"That may be true on paper but this girl, she's smart, almost a genius." Mina said with some pride in her student. Yukiko looked up at her old friend. Mina had become a teacher at the academy shortly after becoming a chunin. She loved being around kids, and Yukiko was thankful she was around to help raise Kyo.

Back then Yukiko didn't know the first thing about kids.

"How does she interact with the other students?"

"She loves to have fun and get along with others, kind hearted, a good teammate for sure." Mina laughed almost like a mother talking about her child.

"Do you think she could take a life?" The sudden serious question was not lost on Mina. Shinobi where expected to kill and die for their village. It was the sad truth that she had seen before.

"With in time maybe," Mina said her eyes sad, "but she may not have a choice."

----------

"Where'd he go!?" Rise nearly screamed in frustration. Yuu just sighed and watched her rival punch a tree.

"Nearly five seconds after class and he dissapers. What is he a freaking ninja!"

"Yes, we all are..." Yuu said sighing again.

"Tch so. It's just annoying." Rise said nearly growling.

"A-are you looking for Kyo-san?" A quiet voice said from Yuu's side, the girls looked over to see Hinata standing of to the side.

"Uh yeah. He vanished before we could talk to him." Yuu explained more cool headed then her counter part.

"He told me that he would be moving into his new home today." Hinata explained a bit shyly pushing her fingers together.

"Moving?" Rise asked.

"Yeah miss Yukiko told him that now that he's a genin he can live on his own."

"Yukiko? Never mind so where does he live now?" Rise asked Hinata.

Hinata pulled a slip of paper from her sweater and handed it to Rise, "Here, Kyo gave me his new address so I could visit him later, but you can have it I already have it memorized."

"Thanks Hinata your the best!" Rise gave the Hyuga a hug and ran off.

"Y-You're welcome." Hinata called out as Yuu took after Rise.
________

Kyo sighed putting yet another box of possessions on the dinner table of his new apartment, which already held about three others. Yukiko bought the house for him saying that now he was old enough to live on his own. Truthfully he would have rather stayed with her. However she insisted on him at least trying it out.

"I can't even cook properly..." He mumbled to himself. He had tried to learn but quickly found out he is more likely to light it on fire then make it edible.

'Well missions should give me enough money for take out. Though that's not really healthy.' Kyo thought.

His new apartment was actually pretty nice. It had a bathroom with a tub so he wouldn't have to go to the bath house for a good soak. On bedroom a nice, but useless, kitchen and small living room. All the walls where white and the floor was a black soft carpet, except for the kitchen and bathroom.

Knock! knock!

'Must be Hinata. Yukiko is on a mission.'

Moving to the door he opened it to see not the pair of lavender eyes of his cousin, but the blue and brown eyes of his new teammates.

____________

"Yuu Fumiki. Top of the class in genjutsu. Near bottom in taijutsu though. She is better suited for mid ranged combat with her jutsu. All great marks academically." Mina said as Yukiko once again looked in the home of her new students. Fumiki kept everything clean and neat. The girl was apparently a good cook as several dishes in the fridge was marked for her father with hearts and flowers on the notes.

"She sounds like the opposite of Rise."

"In a way yes. But they both share a passion that many others are lacking. One of the student only messes around and another constantly sleeps. Hell most girls constantly obsess over boys." Mina sounded annoyed, as if teenagers where supposed to act differently.

"So your telling me they don't obsess over boys?" Yukiko asked amused.

"No I'm just saying they don't constantly."

________

"Hey Kyo-kun!" Yuu greeted excitedly as soon as Kyo had opened the door.

"Hinata gave us your address, so it's not like we're stalking you." Rise quickly said hoping he didn't think they were. Though sometimes...

"Yuu, Rise, it's good to see you." Kyo greeted with a smile, then opened his door and invited both in. "By the way I'm sorry about earlier, when I left before we could talk about the cell. I'm trying to get everything in here."

Rise looked around from where she stood and admired Kyo's new home. She noticed about small boxes from the open kitchen and the living room.

"Not done unpacking?" Rise asked as she slipped off her shoe's, not wanting to be rude in front of Kyo and ruin the carpet. To her right Yuu did the same.

Kyo sighs as he puts his hand through his hair, which Rise thought was hot.

"I haven't even started that process yet. I actually just got the last two boxes here." As he says that he points to brown boxes on the table. "After we meet our sensei I was planning on starting to put it all away."

"Oh yeah it's about that time." Yuu says looking at the microwave clock in the kitchen. They had about twenty minutes to meet their cell's leader and it takes nearly fifteen to get there by normal walking.

"How about later we help you unpack. Three should be faster then one." Yuu suggested with Rise nodding happily.

Kyo smiled, which melted both girls, and agreed. After the three teens put on their foot ware they headed out.

_____________

Yukiko stood atop the roof of Kyo's apartment as he and his teammates left, smiling at the sound of drifting conversation.

"They all get along well." Mina commented from behind Yukiko.

"Sometimes the girls get a bit competitive but they always look out for each other."

"It's strange to think they will be learning from me." The brunet said jumping into Kyo's window, no doubt he left it open to do the same when he came back.

"I've taught kids to be shinobi for years, you'll be fine." Mina said hopping through after her Jonin friend.

"Thanks, want some tea? I'm sure Kyo won't mind me going through his stuff." Mina laughed and agreed to Yukiko's offer.