Chapter 12

Joshua POV

I leaned against the cold wall with my eyes shut, as I slowly drained out all of the noises that I could hear as all that came into my mind was what had happened back at the station, the message flashed in front of me as if I was re-living the moment again, seeing Alyssa on the floor after that blooded message. It was the most talked about thing down at the police station, but the most weirdest thing was that no one knew how it had happened or how the message came on the wall and who wrote it as no-one came in or went out of the room during the interview that we did with Alyssa. Within seconds I opened my eyes and saw people all around me customer and patients and doctors who were getting on with their jobs. I turned around and looked through the glass door and saw Alyssa who had wires attached to her and a oxygen mask on that helped her to breathe, on the table next to her was a heart rate monitor that made a beeping sound every second. I continued to look through the door as a flash back hit me, I closed my eyes and heard her repeating the same thing again and again.

'My husband's dead, who's Taylor?... where is my daughter is she ok?'

It made no sense to me at all it was like a puzzle that I had to try to put back myself. I opened my eyes and took a deep breath in and then let it out again,

"Okay" I muttered to myself as I was about to make my way into the room when I was stopped by someone who put there arm on my shoulder. I turned around and I saw a young man who looked to be in his 20s, he was tall about the same height as me, had blue eyes and brown hair, he put his hand out and introduced himself to me.

"Hello I'm Taylor I'm Alyssa's husband" he looked at me with a smile on his face as he waited for me to introduce myself to him. I looked at him from head to toe, but it didn't make any sense I thought to myself,

'Alyssa's husband is dead so who is this fellow' I thought to myself, I looked at his hand that he had out waiting for me to shake it,

"I'm not getting any younger here" he sarcastically remarked.

"Oh, sorry" I said as I put my hand out to shake his hand "I'm PC Joshua Hazelwood I'm working on your...your..." I stopped for a moment and thought what to say as I wasn't sure if she was his wife, Nonetheless I had to continue with the conversation,

"I'm working on the Alyssa case" I said to Taylor who was contently looking at Alyssa through the glass door.

"Sorry" said Taylor as he wiped away his eyes and continued with the conversation "Just upset and angry at what happened to her first our daughter and then this and the police have done nothing" said Taylor as his tone of voice changed from nice to anger. I looked at him, confused either I'm going mad or I'm just sleep deprived as nothing was making any sense to me right now, I needed to go home and sleep and work on the case more tomorrow.

I took a deep breath in and then let it out, "Well I think you two want to be left alone then I will just be going, here is my card if anything that your-" I hesitantly carried on "-wife remembers give me a ring" I said as I handed my card to him and left the hospital. I got my phone out of my pocket and made a phone call to someone.

3rd person's POV

Taylor looked through the door as his sad and upset face turned to happy

'finally' He thought to himself as he made his way into the room closing the door behind him.

He made his way to the bed where Alyssa was lying, next to her was the heart rate monitor that went of every second. He looked at her from top to bottom as he took in what he could see, her face pale and her lips that where colour less her hair that was in a mess and had not been washed for days and the bags under her eyes that had indicated that she had not slept for days, he held onto her hands as he felt the coldness. He looked at her again and started talking to heras if she was awake and could hear every word he was saying to her

"My darling I have missed you so much, we should have been together I love you my love" he said as he continued to hold her hand.