16

'How are things between you and Reed?' Jackie's text said.

'Good. Just the hole sneaking around thing isn't very fun.'

'You should talk to your mom.'

'Do you remember what happen last time?'

'Ya... That's true. So you know Kyle?'

'Ya. What about him.'

'He asked me to dinner tonight.'

'What! No way! You will have to tell me everything.'

"Riley! I'm home!" My mom yells from upstairs.

'I will. Hey I gtg. Kyle just got here.' I put my phone in my pocket and grab my keys, cause I'm probably gonna need them. I go upstairs and go into my moms room.

"Mom, I need to talk to you."

"What's up?" I pause for a minute and then talk.

"I'm, I.

"Spit it out Riley."

"I'm seeing Reed."

"YOUR WHAT!?" This is about to get bad

"Seeing Reed."

"I told you, you can't date him if you want to live in this house."

"Then I don't want to live in this house. I'm not gonna leave someone who cares about me and loves me, for you."

"Are you saying I don't care for you and I don't love you?!"

"That's exactly what I'm saying."

"You are in so much trouble."

"That is if I was aloud to be here." I walk out the garage and get in my car. I can here my mom calling my name and right as she walked out into the garage, I pulled out.

I pull into Reeds driveway. I go up to the front door and open it with my key. When I get inside, they where all eating dinner.

"Oh. I'm sorry. I'm gonna. Go." I was trying to hold back the tears but I couldn't. I felt so embarrassed. Reed jumped up and came over to me. He rapped his arms around me and put his hand on my head.

"Hey, what's wrong babe?"

"I told my mom. That. You. And me." I couldn't really spit it out.

"I can't really understand you. Why don't we go sit down, you can breath, relax, and then tell me." I said looking into my eyes. Him and I walk into the living room but I knew his family wasn't to far. After I calmed down a bit, I

told him what happened at my moms.

"I'm so sorry. I'm here for you." He says hugging me."

"I'm sorry I interrupted your dinner."

"It's okay."

"I should probably go."

"No. Stay."

"I don't want to be in the way. I really should go." I say wiping away a tear.

"Babe, your never in the way. We just started dinner. I can get you a plate."

I sat there and thought about it for a minute. I nodded and smiled. Ryder stood up and grabbed my hand. "I love you." He says kissing me.

"I love you to." We walked into the dining room and his family welcomed me with open arms. I like his mom.

We finished dinner and Rees and I snuck up to his room. His mom doesn't like us in his bedroom with the door shut. I lay down on his bed and he comes over and lays next to me. Rapping his arm around me, I laid my head on his chest. I didn't even realize I fell asleep tell I was awaken by my phone at 8:00 in the morning.

"Hello?" I answered sounding really tired.

"Riley, it's mom." Ryder said sounding really panicked.

"What about her?!" I said sitting up quickly. I woke reed up yelling.

"She got in a really bad car accident this morning. She's in really bad condition."

"Oh my God. Where is she?"

"At the Saint Al's downtown."

"I'm on my way!" I hang up and jump out of bed and grab one of Reeds t-shirts.

"What's going on?" Reed asks getting up.

"My mom was in a car accident. It's not good."

"I'm so sorry. You want me to take you to the hospital?"

"Please." Reed puts and shirt on and we go get in his car.

"You okay?"

"I'm just wondering why she was out that early, and what happened, and how bad it is. I'm freaking out."

"I know. I'm gonna get you there as fast as possible." He puts his arm around me and backs out of his garage.