11

I turn around and it's Ryder.

"You scared the crap out of me!!!" I say punching him in the arm.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." He says rubbing his arm. I give him the sorry look for punching his arm. "What's wrong?" He asks putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Nothing. I'm fine." I try and turn around so he can't see my face, but he won't let me.

"Riley, your not fine. Is it Reed? What did he do?"

"It's not Reed, Ryder. It's mom."

"What about her?"

"She's mad that me and Reed are dating because technically we are step-siblings. So now she is ignoring me. I tried to talk to her and she said if I wanted to come to her house, then Reed and I can't date." Ryders face got bright red and he walks clenching so much I thought maybe all of his teeth where going to snap in half.

"I can not believe she said that. I am so sorry." He says hugging me. I burry my head into his neck and cry. I was so mad. "Go have fun and just ignore mom okay? I will handle this." He says lifting my head up. He wipes a tear away and I walk back to the water slide. Reed was hanging out with Bryson and Kyler. He was wearing his Camo trunks. I see him and he looks over at me and walks over to me.

"Everything okay?" Reed asks.

"Yep." I say with a fake smile.

"Sure about that?" He says wiping away a tear on my face.

"I don't want to talk about it right now."

"Ok. I get it." He says kissing my forehead.

The rest of the day, we were either eating or sliding. Cody kept looking at me and Reed would glare at him. It started to get late and we went out to ride horses. And just like I thought, Cody was saying that he was better than Reed. Reed does everything I taught him last night. He's a really fast learner. After Reed runs my horse, he helps me on and then he gets on. We rode to the end of the lane and back. I had my arms around him and my head on his neck. I just couldn't stop thinking about what my mom said.

*Ryders POV*

After Riley told me about what mom did, I was so pissed. I walked over to my mom and sat down. She knew I was mad.

"What are you so mad about?" My moms asks really confused.

"Why did you say that to Riley?!"

"Of course she told you."

"Why wouldn't she? I'm her brother. Why are you being so mean to her?"

"It's an innoppropriate relationship."

"How?! She has known him for a long time. He is someone she can actually talk to. And he's there for her no matter what! Which is what your supposed to do. Your her mother."

"If she wants to live with me, she can't being dating her step-brother"

"You are ridiculous." I stand up and walk out to the place everyone is riding.

****

Sorry it's short but, whatever. Vote and comment! Thanks for reading