"With five other girls, including my cousin?" she challenged. Six girls?Kaiden nearly choked, but stayed silent. How was he supposed to answer that?

"My hair wasn't even finished! Do you know how ridiculous I must have looked?" Orange's voice rose, complaining. She threw her arms into the air in exasperation.

What?

"Especially when Elise looked so much better than me! Why couldn't you have waited a few more minutes? Not to mention the other four girls were merely peasants, and they still all looked better!" she screeched.

Kaiden felt his eyes widen. This was turning ugly, really fast. And he still didn't know where this was heading.

"They must've been secretly laughing at me behind my back!"

Kaiden was going to stop her protest, but she interrupted him, before he even got a sound out.

"And it is all your fault!" His eyes widened at her accusation.

"Why couldn't you have brought me home to get my clothes?" she finally finished, her eyes filled with anger and irritation.

Wait. Was this what it was all about? Her clothes?

"Are you joking?" Kaiden finally managed to sputter out. "Have you seen your wardrobe? I have provided you with dresses," his irritation was clear in his voice. Plenty of dresses, in fact. He was sure that she could wear a different dress each day for a month. And those dresses were not cheap.

"But I wanted my own!" Orange whined. "They were much better!"

That infuriated him. How annoying could this girl get? Was nothing enough for her? And did she just yell at him because of the past condition of her hair and the loss of her own dresses?

"If you are unhappy with what you have, feel free to leave my land," he spat. What a disaster!

He couldn't handle it anymore, so he stalked towards the staircase leading down the tower. That girl was too much trouble. Besides, Kai could come out, with him being that angry, so he should be alone. Otherwise Kai might strangle Orange.

Not that he wasn't thinking of that himself.

"No! Wait!" she cried out from behind him. He kept walking down the stairs. "I love you! I am so sorry!" she wailed.

Kaiden almost froze at her confession.

Almost.

It didn't matter if she loved him. He could never love her back. Especially with her pathetic whining. It reminded him too much about most of the previous women. They were shallow and ambitious too. Just as he didn't stand them, he couldn't stand Orange either.

Plus he couldn't even remember her real name.

He continued to ignore her wails as he walked away. Somehow, he felt glad. Glad because there were now only five girls to choose from.

😤~~~😤~~~😤~~~😤~~~😤~~~

In the beginning of the date, he was wary of Yellow, Elise. After realizing that Elise was Orange's cousin, he worried if they were the same.

But only after a few minutes with Elise, he knew that she wasn't the same as her cousin. Her calm, poised elegance was very different. In fact she even apologized for her cousin's behavior.

"I'm afraid that Elizabeth doesn't get the attention she wants, therefore appearance means a great deal to her. She can be hot headed at times," Elise had briefly explained.