james story part 47

"Why not" he whispers.

You stare into his eyes, he was looking down at your lips and leaning closer.

"Hmm"

"Because..." him being so close to you was making you nervous. "I told you why, it's your word against what I saw."

"It wasn't me in there (YN)"

"What?"

"I mean, it was me but it wasn't me. I was there physically but not mentally."

You stand up and put your hands on your hips as you walk back and forth.

"James I -"

"Listen" he interrupts. "I just..." he sighs. "I just want you to believe me. To tell me that you believe me when I tell you that I don't remember any of that. And if it did happen I swear I had nothing to do with it. Just tell me that you believe me and I'll leave, I won't force you into coming back to me if you don't want to. I respect your opinion and I don't blame you."

He stands up from the couch and walks towards you.

"Believe me?" he asks.

You hesitate before answering. His big hazel eyes were staring down at you. How could you not believe him.

"I believe you..." you whisper.

You see a small smile form across his face. He sighs in relief and then looks down.

"Ok well, I guess I'll be leaving now."

He steps closer to you.

"Thank you for believe me" he whispers.

He gave you a quick kiss on your cheek and was headed to the door.

"James" you call out, giving him your back. He didn't answer but you knew he stopped and was now starting at you. "Um... I want to give you something before I leave" you say turning around.

James had a confused look on his face as you walked closer to him.

"Since I won't be seeing you again I might as well let you know how I feel" you say. "That night that I saw you and Natasha together in the suite my heart shattered into million pieces, you have NO idea how I felt."

"(YN) I -"

"I'm not done" you said. "And no matter how hurt I was after seeing that, I can't help myself from thinking about you day and night"

When you said that last sentence James smiled.

"I want you to know that the reason why I can't and won't get back with you... is because I like you way too much and I can't stand getting hurt by you..." you take a deep breath trying to hold back the tears that were about to come out of your eyes. "And, I know that leaving will make me forget you eventually"

James was about to talk when you hold his shirt and pull him down for a kiss. You catched him by surprise because he stood there froze as you kissed him. After a few seconds he brought one of his hands up to your back and the other one was behind your head pushing you closer to him. He started kissing you so deeply and intensively. His hand was making circles around your back while his other hand was tangled up in your hair. You ran your fingers trough his hair then letting them rest on his neck and his chest. You lean back and look at him, his eyes were still closed and he was smiling. You rub his cheek with your thumb and he leans in for yet another passionate make out session. You gently push him back telling him to stop. He keeps his forehead on yours, and his eyes were still closed. You felt a few tears leave your eyes and roll down your cheeks. Without a notice you feel him wipe them away. You look up at him and notice his eyes were glistering.

"Please leave..." you whisper.

Without arguing with you, James kisses your lips one more time knowing that you wouldn't back away and leaves.