You are my Sunshine

"You are my Sunshine... My only Sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You'll never know, Dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away...please." Len sang weakly, his hands intertwined with Oliver's cold hand. Oliver lay motionless in his hospital bed. His breathing being controlled by the various machines hooked up to him. A feeding tube, a breathing tube, IV's and blood pressure. He's not awake. He's not gonna wake up. He'll never wake up. That's what Len's been told, but no matter how crushed his spirits get, he holds on. He holds on for even a shred of hope. He holds on for even the smallest chance that one day, the beautiful blonde twelve year old he calls his boyfriend, will wake up. No matter how long he has to wait, no matter how many people tell him to just let go. He won't, he'll never let go.

"You're still my Sunshine, my bright Sunshine, you make me smile, when skies are cloudy." He continued to sing, regardless. "I love you Oliver. I love you so much." He whispered, small tears pooling at the corners of his eyes. "I hope you wake up soon." He won't. "Someday." Never. "I'll be waiting." You'll be waiting forever. "When you're ready." He won't ever be ready. Get over it.

'I can't. I can't get over it. I can't move on. I can't forget. I can't just let go.' He told himself, believing this was hope, he was wrong. This was the feeling of fear and dread. Fear of losing the one he loved. Dread for having to go on without him. A terrible mixture of emotions nobody deserved, yet Len got a heaps of both. He's received much more than the fourteen year old could handle. Much more than a grown man could handle.

A knock sounded at the door. Nobody visits Oliver, his parents left all rights to Len after the bills became too much and the cancer spread throughout his body and to his brain. They left all decisions for Len to decide after being informed of their son being declared brain dead. They left their son to Len because it was too much. Losing their only child was just too much for them that they left it to fourteen year old Len Kagamine.

"Come in." He called softly. He spent every second of his free time at Oliver's bedside, waiting, watching, hoping. Hoping where there is no hope whatsoever.

"Len... Come home. Please." Rin pleaded, after countless attempts to bring her big brother home, she was exhausted. Tired. Alone. "We all want you back, this isn't you..."

"I want Oliver back. I want to be here when he comes back." He mumbled, his voice hoarse from countless sob moments. "You don't understand, Oliver needs me."

"He needs you to let him go. Len, please, let him go." She pleaded, a little more confidence showing in her voice. "I'd want you to let me go-"

"You're not Oliver!" He snapped. "Don't tell me what Oliver wants when you were the one to tease him. Don't tell me what my boyfriend wants when you were the one to exclude him simply because he was two years younger. Don't tell me what my Sunshine wants when you don't even know him!" From steady to broken and cracking, Len's voice continued to raise until it was just too much. A sob freed itself. "Just... Just go, leave. Please."

"Len! Come with me!" Rin cried, stepping forwards towards him but he only scooted back.

"Go! Please..." Rin's hands dropped to her side, yet another failed attempt to bring Len out of such a state of depression and denial. She hung her head low and exited the room without another word. Thank god. Len looked down to Oliver's 'sleeping' form and pushed a few pale, blonde strands of dead hair out of his face.

"I know you used to love my singing. I always sang you to sleep after having a silly nightmare. I wanna sing you awake now, if that's possible." He chuckled softly and wiped stray tears off his cheeks, sniffling softly. "Your scars, they never bothered me in the slightest. Standing up for you against others who wanted to see under those bandages seemed like a daily job for me but I'd still take it any day. Especially if the currency involved kisses and hugs." He rambled, even if Oliver couldn't hear him, he still talked, expressing his feelings.

"You're so beautiful. I said it before and I'll say it again. Even if you lost all your hair to chemo, even if you lost tons of weight, even if you were bent over the toilet, throwing up, not once through all of that did I think any less of your enticing looks. Never once did I lose hope that'd you get better soon enough and be right back out there running around with James and I." More tears. There were always tears. There was always crying and barely any smiling in his life. Ever since that dreadful day, when Oliver was diagnosed with skin cancer. Then it spread to his bones, his lungs, his brain, however the process went.

"Jesus, Oliver, I could talk all day." You already do. "I just like to make sure you know how beautiful you are." He's not listening. "Because you are." That's not Oliver. "I love you so freaking much Ollie." It's just his body. Let go. Let go. Let go. "I can't let go. I just can't."He sobbed quietly.

"You are my sunshine..."