Last Hope

(Natsu's P.O.V)

I never did know the true meaning of the word, "Hope". I've heard my teachers say it, and I've been taught by my friends of the meaning of this word, but, what is the true meaning behind it? Is it some sort of wish that people make to come true? Or is it just another simple word?

Hope, hope hope. Well, one day, I hope that I'll understand the real meaning of this fascinating word.

(Lucy's P.O.V)

"B-but we can't just sit here and do nothing!"

I stared in disbelief as Igneel said that we should wait and see if Gray decided to do something after the persuade of Natsu. It's not fair. We should definitely do something.

Juvia nodded, thoughtfully. Even she's agreeing too?! But she should be the one that's disagreeing, because this is her wish! What?! I don't understand!

"Why are you guys agreeing? I don't understand! We have to help Natsu to convince Gray!" No one responded. I growled in frustration, reistsing the urge to rip my hair off from my scalp. This is so frustrating! I don't know why they're not doing anything! Is it because they're not gonna help and they're gonna abandon Natsu alone to finish the quest without the help of The Lost Stars?!

"Igneel and Juvia! I--"

The king of the fire dragon rasied a smoking talon up, a gesture for slience. I quitened down, anger still burning merrily away. "Lucy, I know you've a good heart and you wanna help people, but," he held up his talon again, "we've got to let Natsu deal with this on his own."

I was shocked. Igneel, letting his own son dealing with such a huge and enormous responsibility?! Some more, it's a quest about stopping a murderer! Won't he get hurt in the process?! We can't let him die! After the second life that we gave to him!

"But!--"

"I know, you're worried about him. I'm worried, too. But we must let him deal with it himself. If he can't convince Gray, nobody else can. He's Gray's mate after all."

I was beginning to see the sense in it, and some of my anxiety slipped away. But I'm still worried. If anything happens to Natsu, I swear, I'm gonna---

"Lucy, calm down. He's gonna be fine." It is as if Igneel can read all my thoughts. I nodded, biting my lip. Natsu is our only hope. Our final hope. If he can't do it, nobody could.

Natsu is our Last Hope.

(Gray's P.O.V)

My little ball of sunshine curled up to me, whimpering a bit as he did so. His tears dried up to streaks running down his reddish puffed out cheeks. His warmth is addicting, and I found myself falling deeper for him. He's just too adorably cute.

Wait a second. Why is my lower half becoming painful? It's uncomfortable.

I shifted for a bit, and smiled at my sleepy little fireball. He may be a tough nut to crack, and have a thick skull, but, in the end, he's just a fluff of energy and rainbows.

"Please! Stop killing people!"

His desperate voice rang through my mind, and I flinched, recalling the pain written on his face. It's like having sharp laces stabbing your heart over and over again. But, the problem is, even though it pains me, The other thing that's bugging me is, How do I stop myself from killing more victims?

I've spent all my time here in this Asylum, killing people, and it's like I'm addicted to it. It's like a habit I can't break. Every time someone threatens to danger me, by first instinct Is to kill, get rid of the threat. I'm killing so that I can stay alive.

Errant Souls    •Gratsu• (Older Version) On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara