Chapter 16: Lean on me (part 2)

Sadia’s POV

            I felt water splash on me and sat up angry. I looked around for Alex knowing he was the one who had done it. However, he was on opposite side of the pool and was talking to a girl. He definitely was becoming like Marlon. Just then I heard a snicker behind me. I snapped my head backwards and shot daggers at the person behind me.

            “Lui-” I stopped myself from finishing the sentence. “Jace?”

            “Who else?” Jace replied as he flopped onto the seat next to me.

            “My waiter.” I replied jokingly.

            “You don’t have a hot date do you hermana?” He asked me with a raised eyebrow, seeing through my bull.

            I rolled my eyes.

            “Of course not.”

            I just wished he would stop antagonizing me. I promised him and Marlon and I would keep that promise. Jace looked at me.

            “I’m just playing hermana. I’ll buy you as much spicy beef as you want.” He said trying to cheer me up considering he just put me in a bad mood.

            “Yeah right!” I replied.

 I was never going near spicy beef or food in general ever again. My reaction made Jace laugh and I laughed with him.

“What are you doing here anyways? Where is Marlon?” I asked him.

“I’m not too sure. I was with him a while ago but then he got a text and he said he was going to go hang out with this girl. Who this girl is exactly, well I have no clue.”

“Wait so he ditched you to go hang with a girl? Wow. He can go do that but I can’t go and hang out with Ryan?” I said exasperated.

“Sadia-” Jace started to say but I cut him off.

“I know Jace. I already know, I was just saying. I mean is it fair?”

He thought about it for a second.

“Well no, but for you it’s different.”

“In what way?” I replied angrily.

            “You’re a girl.” He replied as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Well thank you for stating the obvious.” I retorted, crossing my arms.

You think he would know that I was a girl after how many years. He just rolled his eyes.

“What I mean is that you’re our sister. It’s different for you because we want to protect you. Marlon and I know how guys are and how they think.”

“You and Marlon are different than most guys.”

“I don’t disagree, but we are still guys with guy hormones and we don’t exactly always think with our minds if you know what I mean.” Jace said looking down at himself.

            “We aren’t having this conversation right now are we? Please tell me we aren’t having this conversation.” I said shutting my eyes and putting my fingers in my ears.

            “You see why Marlon and I are so protective of you Sadia? You’re too innocent, too kind.” Jace said trying to make me understand why they watch my every step.

“Jace I get it, I do, but I need my space too you know.”

            “I know and if you will recall I do get Marlon to back off sometimes.” He argued.