simple yet not so simple

After an extremely long game of tic tac toe, the game came to an end when Leah started lightly snoring. I roll my eyes and shift over in my seat. Closing my eyes I imagine the test may be. I open my eyes at the end of the ride and shake Leah awake. There is no point in trying to get her up because my hands started shaking the minute I opened my eyes.

I sit on my hands to keep them from visibly shaking as our instructor stormed onto the bus. Ms. Berns is always in a rage, no one understands why and I have a feeling no one ever will.

"Children, children, be quiet" she said even though no one had said a word since she stepped foot onto our bus. "This is one of the biggest days of your lives so pay attention." She eyed Leah and I at that exact moment accusingly.

"You will be seperated into groups as you know depending in what sector you will live in" Ms. Berns said, bored.
"The eight sectors include, teachers/counselors which by the way would be following in my footsteps."

She had said it as if it were an honour but I'm pretty sure every girl on the bus was internally groaning and hoping not to get that sector, all because of grumpy ol' Ms. Burns.

"Aaaanyways, the next sectors include, the harvestors, the scientists, the doctors and nurses, the protectors/army, maintenance, technology and most importantly: the governement, the ones that makes all our descisions for us, we really owe everything to them."

Now that would be a real honour. Ugh, what am I thinking as if I could get into something as honourable as that.

I slouch into my seat as if that was the most embarassing thought ever and everyone had heard. Of course no one heard anything or even noticed, except for Leah and she nudged me and asked the simple yet not so simple "are you okay?" Of fourse like any other not okay person I lied "yeah fine, just nervous, just like everyone else."
"I'm not nervous" she said with false confidence but then she put on her sympathetic face that very rarely appeared and she said to me "we're so alike there's no way they can seperate, in fact I bet our pairs will be identical twins!"

I laughed and she put her sassy face back on and said "hey, the girl can smile, what do you know!" Then nudged me and remided me I was still slouched into my seat by saying "now stop slouching young lady!"

After the miny pep talk from Leah I did feel a lot more reassured, I went back to listening to the last of Ms. Berns blabbing as she said "of course, as you know, your pair will be in the exact same sector as you, you will be perfect for eachother, you will all have one child that wil be put through the same camp as you and you will live happily ever after. Now good luck girls"

    I paid no mind to it but that last part sounded more like an order than a 'simple reminder.'