dimples

3 months ago, Luke had finally asked me to be his girlfriend and move in with him. I knew that he mostly asked me to move in because my apartment was basically demolished by the storm, but I also knew that he wouldn't ask if he didn't really want me to say yes. We'd been living together happily and finally decided to bring a new addition to our little home.

   "Can we please please please get a chinchilla?", he begged me. I laughed loudly as he dropped to his knees in the middle of the pet store.

  "No, you goof, we settled on a dog. Now, get up people are staring at you.", I giggled. He pouted but stood and followed me to the dogs.

  He cooed at all the puppies. "Aw, look at the little brown one." Luke looked down fondly on a small English Cocker Spaniel puppy. He picked it up from the crate and held it close. It whimpered a bit at first but soon cuddled into Luke and licked at his chest.

"Baby, this is the one.", he beamed. The dog wiggled as it tried to get closer to Luke's face, in order to lick it I assume. "Look at it!", he squeaked. He looked so childlike letting the small puppy lick his scrunched-up nose. His dimples were on full display as he giggled. "I'm gonna name you Skipper.", he notified the dog. At this point, I was smiling widely, too. From the dog to the dimples to the baby voice, I couldn't take it.

  "Okay, okay, he's the one.", I gave in. Luke cheered and brought the dog up to 'kiss' me on the lips. I wiped my mouth, laughing as Luke strutted to the check out.

  Oh the things I would do for those dimples and starry eyes.