15:Freak of Nature

Start from the beginning

As I was looking and checking the prices I was glad that I had barely spent any money I saved up from the occasional job and presents. I had a good £2000 saved up on my debit card. It’s amazing how much you end up with if you barely go shopping! Lorelei was known at this shop and even had two dresses put away for safekeeping for the Winter Formal. She had them brought out and we chose between them. They were both princess dresses but one was white with a flower and the other pink with silver embroidery. She tried them both on and made me pick my favourite along with our shop assistant, Tanya. The pink one was nice but the white one looked great. It went so well with her flawless tanned skin and blonde hair. She twirled in it and I gave her a thumbs up. That was hers sorted, now mine.

Most of the dresses were princess style, which I didn’t really like on me. But the only other dresses in there were short. As in short short. So, princess dress it was. But they weren’t really up to my style. The store was organised into colours and all the dresses were hung on mannequins. So the black ones were all short or looked a bit tacky. And the purple, well it was all more lilac. I was about to give up when I saw one I liked. It was red, like really red, with a tight fitting bodice but flowed out from my waist down. The bodice and top of the skirt had a few silver jewels dotted around. I practically ran over to it and asked to try it on. Tanya took it off the mannequin and I skipped over to the dressing room to put it on. And it fit perfectly. I was getting lucky today! It was a bit much for a dress in my mind but apparently it was a steal since it was half price. I paid the £198 it cost me and was given it in a dress bag. Lorelei paid for hers and we walked out the store. Next were shoes…

An hour later we were sat outside a café having lunch, we were still on a hunt for shoes that would match perfectly. We had been in at least 10 stores already; we were going to be in the designer stores next. We finished up our salads and got up, ready for some more exhausting hunting.

It was three hours later that we were back at the same café having a hot chocolate, this time with everything bought, and all together I had only spent around £400! But that’s when we saw Diamante and Seawillow in the store opposite. It was another dress shop but not unique ones. It was past four now so they had come from school. I looked over and they noticed me. Well, this glaring was getting old now! I finished up my chocolate and looked at Lorelei. She looked at them and then me.

‘Want to speak to them?’ I shook my head, ‘then let’s go,’

We got back to Lorelei’s at five. With nothing to do we just put on a music channel and were chilling in the front room.

‘So, what’s Alec doing for the dance?’ I asked

‘Same as us at a guess,’ she said

‘Well, why don’t we all go together?’

‘Oh! That’s a great idea! This going to be awesome!’ she exclaimed and I laughed. She seemed easily pleased. She grabbed the phone and dialled Alec’s number.

‘Hey, Alec babe, come round! Me and Zandy need to chat with you,’

‘Yeah, now is a good time’

‘Bye-e’ she hung up and turned to me ‘he’s on his way!’

‘Okay,’ I smiled back at her

It was five minutes later when Alec arrived (on his motorbike!) Lorelei went and opened the door for him and he came in and sat next to me.

‘So, Alec, do you wanna go to the dance with me and Zandy?’ Lorelei asked, getting straight to the point.

‘Erm, well I don’t know,’ he said, rubbing the back of his head.

‘Please? It’s not like a date! Just me and Zandy aren’t having dates this time and you will be doing the same as us, you know dancing with everyone else’s dates, so we thought why not go together?’ Lorelei carried on.

‘Well, I was going to ask this girl…’ he started and both of us gaped.

‘As in a date?’ I asked, shocked

‘Um, yeah but I’ve found out she already has a date so yeah, lets go as friends,’ he hurriedly said.

‘That’s great but who was this girl?’ Lorelei questioned

‘Oh, it doesn’t matter,’

‘Please?’ I asked

‘No,’

‘Please?’ Lorelei begged

‘No,’

‘Please?’ We both whined

‘NO!’

‘Fine,’ we pouted.

‘So, does this mean I have to buy corsages?’

‘Of course!’ I nodded and grinned.

‘Well, they have to match our dresses so red rose and white rose? Okay?’ Lorelei asked

‘Sure, I’ll pick you both up at 6,’ he winked at us before leaving, shutting the door behind him.

‘I wonder who he was going to ask,’ Lorelei told me.

I agreed with her and we went back to watching the TV, my mind on Alec’s secret crush.

A/N ooohhhh!

Song of the chapter - A Night To Remember - High School Musical 3 Cast (it was a must!!!)

I'll try update soon :) x