8:Freak of Nature

heyy! im back! please read my new story 'My Romeo' its a modern day Romeo and Juliet story

Enjoy this new upload! :) Slideshow of the gems in the order mentioned starting with the pink tourmaline -------------------------->

Chapter 8

Three months on

‘Hey babe!’ Skyler shouted as I approached the lockers at the end of the day. We had been dating for just over three months now. It was Friday and I was staying at his house since my mum was out of town with work again. I still hadn’t mentioned the ‘incident’ with Lorelei and Alec. I hugged Seawillow, Damen, Jasper and Sebes goodbye before we went to the skate park. Skyler was supposed to be teaching me but I just enjoyed watching him.

We got out and Skyler grabbed his skateboard and I went to sit on the bench to watch.

‘Please let me teach you,’ he begged and I shook my head. He sighed and went to the top of the ramp. I watched him skate for a bit and when he came off, I finally agreed that he could teach me.

I stood on the skateboard and he taught me some basic moves etcetera. It took an hour at least I think. When it got to six, we decided to head back. It happened when Skyler was skating towards the car and I was walking next to him. I don’t even know how it happened but he was in the middle of the road and a car came. I couldn’t react in time and the car hit him. I screamed but the car still carried on going, it didn’t even stop.

I carried Skyler, who was unconscious, to the woods and ran fast. I knew I could run faster than normal, but this was unnatural. I set him down, deep in the woods so no one could see what was about to happen. He started regaining consciousness. He opened his eyes.

‘What happened Zandy? Why are you covered in blood babe?’ he asked not fully conscious.

‘I’ll explain later, but for now this is going tom hurt,’ I told him and I rested a hand on his chest and closed my eyes. I pushed all my power into him and to his injuries. I heard him scream. I could tell from the healing that he had broken some ribs, his arm and his leg as well as having too many internal injuries to count.

I felt so drained when I had finished and Skyler had passed out during the healing. I fell asleep next to him.

I woke up to the feel of someone murmuring and stroking my hair.

‘Why didn’t you tell me Zandy? Why?’ I heard them mumble. I opened my eyes fully and looked into Skyler's red ones. I moved my arm and it felt painful. I looked down at it and noticed a half healed burn in the shape of a handprint. I looked and Skyler and he looked guilty.

‘Let’s go back to mine and you can explain everything,’ he told me seriously. We walked back to the car and I climbed in the passengers seat. We rode in silence to the hotel and in the lift to the penthouse. When we were there, Skyler slammed the door and walked into his bedroom. I followed nervously. He was staring out the window so I stood awkwardly in the doorway.

Suddenly, he turned around and he eyes were like fire. They were flickering between shades of red and orange. His hands were glowing red.

‘Why did you not tell me?’ he growled. His eyes began flickering faster and a layer of fire covered his hands. He stormed towards me and I closed my eyes tightly, scared. Nothing happened for a few seconds and suddenly I felt a pair of arms go round me and I flinched. The arms disappeared and I opened my eyes. I saw Skyler sat on the floor across the room from me, tears in his eyes. What? Skyler was crying?

He looked up at me.

‘I’m sorry Zandy, I’m so sorry,’ he apologised, his voice cracking in the middle. I looked at him, I couldn’t stay mad. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled me down so I was sat sideways on his lap and he rested his head on my shoulder.

‘I, it was just, I mean, why didn’t you tell me?’ he asked, looking upset.

‘I didn’t want you think I was a freak,’ I told him the full truth.

‘Me? Think you’re a freak?’ he asked shocked. He stood up and pushed me over to the bed and stood in front. He pulled off his top and closed his eyes. I saw his body begin to change. I cant describe how it happened but one moment he was normal and the next I was noticing how his hands changed to black paws and how he was suddenly on four legs.

Within the space of seconds, there was a fully-grown black panther in front of me. There was only one way to tell it wasn’t a real panther, and that was the eye. They were still bright red like Skyler’s usually. He walked over to me and rested his head on my leg and I don’t know why but I stroked his fur. He purred. He actually purred!

He shifted half way back so he was on two legs with human eyes and his hair was almost normal but he had two black ears sticking out the top, a black velvety tail and he still had a panther nose. I stared at him in surprise and he smiled. He also still had the teeth. I smiled back.

‘There’s something else I can do,’ he told me and his hands began to glow red again. The fire covered them and he formed a ball of fire in his hands. He threw it at the sink before running over and putting it out.

‘Wow,’ was all I could say. He came and sat next to me and I noticed he was in full human form.

‘What else can you do?’ he asked me, intrigued.

‘Well I can heal, make things grow and something like what you did with the fire…’ I told him as I stood up. I concentrated and felt my palms tingling. I let it take over me and I felt a mini whirlwind around my hands. I controlled it so it stayed around me and it whipped my hair in front of my face and my clothes pressed to me. I let it die down and ran a hand through my hair before grinning at Skyler. I concentrated again and this time my hands got cold. I flung a ball of water at Skyler and drenched him so his hair was dripping. I started laughing until I felt a burn on my arm. I looked down to see Skyler's fire-covered hands. He reached out to touch my arm again and I surrounded him with wind so he couldn’t move anywhere. I let off with the wind and decided to show off my other final skill. I closed my eyes.

Skyler’s POV

I was laughing as she surrounded me with a pillar of air. I couldn’t move but I still laughed. Suddenly the pillar was gone and I was stood in the middle of a field of black roses. I looked at Zandy as she smiled happily and her eyes seemed to shine brighter silver. Then we were back in my suite and in her hand, Zandy had a single black rose.

‘What was that?’ I asked, shocked.

‘I don’t know, I just realised I could do it when some people were teasing me. I made them think spiders and bugs surrounded them. And the manifestations, well I cant even remember how I realised I could do that!

‘We have to tell the others!’ I exclaimed.

‘What? No! I can’t tell anyone! It unnatural!’ she told me, surprised.

‘No, you don’t understand. You are just what we need! A ninth member!’ I was practically dancing with happiness. I looked at Zandy and she looked lost. I’d forgotten she knew nothing about the others.

I sat down and explained the whole club to her.

‘Well, our group, we all have these ‘powers’, if you want to call them that. So anyway our parents and all our ancestors have had them and the first generation had formed this club, which every generation afterwards kept up. There was a prophecy that the group to be complete would defeat the complete evil. We thought it was us until we, lost a member,’ I choked up on the last sentence, remembering Jacynth.

‘Were you close to them?’ Zandy asked looking concerned.

‘Very, she was my sister.’

A/N Now you know everything -_- ... well not everything but LOL!

Song of the chapter - E.T. by Katy Perry ft Kanye West (i think :L)

Love ya

Emily xxx