15:Freak of Nature

hey! im back :) sorry bout not uploading but school are being well mean and ive like loads of homework every night :(but im uploading now!!!! ENJOY!!!!!!

Chapter 15

Lorelei grinned.

‘Zandy!’

What? Me? How? It can’t be! I grabbed the paper off Lorelei. Yeah, it definitely said Zandy. But who gave me the extra vote? I looked over the group. I saw four grins, three scowls and then Skyler. He seemed disappointed but wasn’t scowling at me. I don’t think I could live if he hated me! Even though he probably does…

But in a daze the crown was settled on my head and I was given the sceptre. I then looked around at everyone. I had five smiles now and still three glares. Then everyone started leaving. I guess they didn’t have to stay anymore. It was 10 o’clock on a Monday night. They probably had something to do. I had to be trained by Lorelei though. But by midnight I had perfected the general ritual we had but with a few changes. Such as we were going to have music and incense during the rituals to make it more calming. So it was past midnight when we finally got up to bed. I was on a camp bed in Lorelei’s massive room. So that’s where we were when Lorelei brought up what I was dreading.

‘So Zandy, what are you doing for the Winter Formal?’

‘Erm, well I probably won’t go,’ I told her

‘What? You have to go! It will be so much fun!’

‘But I don’t have a date,’ I reminded her.

‘Well, neither do I, just do what I do and dance with as many people as possible!’

‘I don’t have a dress either,’

‘Then we’ll go shopping!’

‘The dance is this Friday…’

‘Then we’ll skip tomorrow and go shopping!’

‘Lei… we skipped today as well,’

‘We can pass for being ill but since we’ll be wanting to skip Friday to get ready we might as well not go on Wednesday or Thursday either,’ she said, matter-of-factly. Whoa? Miss a whole week of school.

‘It’s not like they’ll mind. They usually give us Friday as a day off anyway since no one concentrates and hardly any girls go in,’

‘Okay then,’ I agreed. Maybe I’d regret this…

The next morning I woke up early, before Lorelei. I got up quietly and went to the bathroom. It wasn’t really early it was actually 9 o’clock. As I was walking down the hallway, I saw Lei’s mum.

‘Hello, Mrs Potente,’ I smiled

‘Hello Zandy dear, call me Katherine, please,’ she smiled back. I remembered when I first met her she seemed disgusted by me but now she likes me. Strange. But I guess I look different now without make up. ‘I’m going out to work, there’s food in the fridge or money in the biscuit tin if your going out. Have fun!’ she left the house. Wow, she didn’t say anything about us skipping school.

I had a quick shower and put on a red skirt and black top before walking back to Lorelei’s room. She was up now and in her en-suite shower. About ten minutes later she came out, rubbing her hair with a towel. She smiled at me as she plugged in her hairdryer and turned it on. I ran a brush through my hair and let it dry naturally. I put on a touch of make up, nothing compared to what I used to wear! And then I was ready to go. Lorelei did the same. She had gorgeous tanned and perfect skin so she only wore eyeliner, eye shadow, mascara and lipstick. So in half an hour we were ready to go. We jumped the lovely BMW convertible Lorelei owned and drove away to the shopping centre. On the way Lorelei was telling me about this amazing dress shop that only sold one of each type of dress. So if we shopped there we would be unique! So that’s where we went.