"I can't lose him." I whispered in a croaky voice. "You must find a cure, no matter what. I don't care what the medication is, he is my...best friend." A single tear dropped down Gauis' cheek. (Does this situation seem familiar to you? =P)

"What are you suggesting, sire?"

"You used to practice sorcery. Put it to some good use here." I couldn't believe what I was saying. Throwing away all my father's work to rid the land of magic because of a servant. Gaiuss eyes widened, as he realized what I was proposing. Then, his expression turned somber.

"Sire, the blade Mordred wielded must have been forged in dragons breath, for it is immune to all spells casted upon it. We tried, I just didn't want to tell you." I sighed in defeat, but Gaius continued speaking. "However, now that you have considered the option of magic, I will tell, you of an idea I had. There is a lake that has an island in the center. That island is the source of the magical fairies, the sidhe(pronounced shee )s magic. It is said that on that island a sorcerers magic is stronger. There may be a chance to save Merlin."

"Alright, you are coming with me and Merlin, Gaius, you can be the healer."

"Sire, I'm afraid I cannot. The people need my healing skills here, and my magic is not strong enough. There is a group of druids near by, and I can assure you they would offer their assistance. They are peaceful, and Merlin's safety means a lot to them, believe it or not." As soon as gaius mentioned the druids, I began packing what little supplies I would need.

"Tell me where their camp is, and I will leave with Merlin immediately." Gaius showed me on a map the whereabouts of the druid camp, and I had a servant get 2 horses.

"Sire, are you sure you should be wandering about with Morganas men probably making sure they weren't followed after the battle? You could get captured. I am not doubting your skill, I just think maybe another knight should go." Gaius looked concerned for my safety. I couldn't get angry at that.

"This is just some thing I feel I need to do to atleast begin to repay Merlin for his huge sacrifice. He could die!" My voice cracked when I said the dreaded word. Gaius looked at me with sympathy, and nodded. The servant came back with the horses, and I picked up Merlin, and tied him to a horse. Gaius handed me a map with the location of the druids marked. I thanked him, and mounted my horse.

With Merlin in tow, I left the camp in search of the druids. Soon enough I found them, in a large cave by a waterfall. When I got there, I left the horses ties up outside, and picked up merlin. Once I got inside the cave, a druid came forward.

"Arthur Pendragon. What brings you to our camp?" He asked calmly.

"My friend and servant, Merlin jumped in front of a sword that was going to kill me, and took the pain for me. Our court physician and Merlin's care giver, Gaius said that you value Merlin's well being a lot. I need your help saving you."

"Do you not wonder why Gaius said we want Merlin alive?"

"I do, but his safety is more important to me than that."

"If you tell us the real reason you need merlin alive, we will help."

I took a deep breath. "He is my only friend that has been loyal to me, and he gives great advice on how to handle things." I said quietly, looking at the floor of the cave.

"Very well, we will assist you." I looked at him and smiled my thanks. The druids got to work right away. A tall one came and eased Merlin out of my arms, and to a makeshift bed in the corner.

They seemed to already know how bad his injuries were, since they had all the medical supplies ready right away. The druid I had spoken to earlier led me to a tent they had set up. The tent had two make-shift beds inside. After waiting for about an hour, a druid came in carrying Merlin. After he layed him on the bed, he told me that Merlin was healing, but not that fast, and that he was only sleeping. He had a small chance of survival. When the druid left, I felt my eyes begin to water. Merlin had been my servant for a really long time, I just couldn't lose him!

I layer down on the other bed and fell asleep. I woke up when I heard someone whisper my name. I looked around the tent to see Merlin staring back at me. I sat up suddenly and shouted.

"Merlin! Your awake!" Merlin smirked at me.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were worried about me!"

"You were stabbed by a sword that was supposed to impale me. Of course I was worried about you."

Suddenly, Merlin looked around. Then he looked back at me.

"Why am I at the druids camp?" How did he know where we were, when all that is visible around us is a tent and some beds?!

"Merlin, how did you know you were at the druids camp?" I asked warily. His eyes widened.

"I-I..." Merlin sighed. "I am dying anyways. I might as well tell him..." He mumbled.

"Tell me what?! What aren't you telling me?!"

"I-I...let me show you something." Merlin sat up slowly, wincing in pain. Once he was up, he held out his hand in front of himself. He glanced up at me, and back to his palm. Then, he whispered a word. "Forbernae" in his palm, a flame appeared and danced around. I gasped, and backed away from him.

"N-no, this c-can't be real. Y-you are a sorcerer?" I was shocked. Merlin had stood by me through my fight against magic the whole way. There was no way he practiced magic! Right?

Merlin put his other hand over the flame, and when he opened his hands, the fire wasn't there. Instead, a small blue butterfly flew away. Merlin glanced at me, sorrow in his eyes. I could see all the pain he endured over the years in his two ocean blue orbs.

"Is this why the druids value your life so much?" He simply nodded. "If you are keeping anymore secrets I should know, please tell me now."

" I am a warlock, I am Emrys, the one prophesied to be the destiny and doom of Morgana, and the last dragon lord. Remember Balinor from when the Great Dragon attacked Camelot? He was my father." I was shocked as I took all this in. Merlin was telling me this because he was about to die. I was stunned. I backed away, and left the tent. Merlin called after me, but I kept going. Druids looked at me as I went past, but I paid them no attention. Eventually, I reached a small pool of water. I collapsed beside it with tears rolling down my face. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and looked up. The first druid that I had spoken with stood there, with a concerned look on his face.

"I assume Emrys told you everything."

"It's...just....shocking, to find out all these secrets my closest friend somehow kept from me... it's weird." The man sat down beside me.

"Arthur, Emrys is the most powerful sorcerer to ever live. Do you think he could die by just a sword?" I looked at him confused.

"What are you saying?"

"Merlin is not dying. We just told you and him that he was so he would tell you his secrets. Emrys is in perfect condition."

"So, you had Merlin believing he was dying?"

"You did, did you?" Merlin came out from the shadows he had apparently been hiding in this whole time. He smiled. I didn't feel any pain, and usually I would if I was dying. No wonder... does this mean you accept me, Arthur?"

I hesitated. "It...may take some getting used to, but yes, Merlin. You are accepted in Camelot. Maybe soon, there will be magic in the kingdom once again! Let's go home!" Merlin and I thanked the druids, and hopped on our horses, galloping towards Camelot. The future awaits!