Chapter 4: I'm a fighter or not...

"Give up Lucinda, it is you three against the eleven of us" Headmistress spoke as if this was a regular thing, for which I don't understand much cause I was practically freaking out yo. But as I looked around everyone had the same reaction Headmistress had, they radiated calmness and were ready to pounce. While I had a bow and a shaky hand to fence off anything that came at me, thank goodness that it's just them three. 

Lucinda faced me and gave me a smirk, a smirk that scared the bajeezus out of me. Her movements were so suttle that you'd barely notice how her hair stopped moving and how her thumb and middle finger twitched, it felt like time had slowed down for me as I just wanted to punch her face. I decided to run towards her now that time stood still, but when I was running towards her I saw pools of darkness on the floors and I would be damned to step on them. 

I carefully avoided several shadowy pools and passed Andrew, first whose eyes were pitchblack btw, I grabbed his arm and pointed it towards himself knowing that it would sting so damn much. I ducked beneath a lightning bolt that came out of some strange mist and I had this nagging feeling that that girl, whom I conveniently forgot her name gosh i should seriously be better with names. 

It took me longer than I thought to reach Lucinda, and when I finally did I simply backhanded her because I hate hitting girls but she striked first yo. Then suddenly time started back up again and Lucinda flew out of the window screaming her head off, I turned around seeing everyone fighting different random beings. But as Claude was trying to get back up I saw that Brian was dead set on him flinging Callissa and Mark around as if he had the power of a hundred men. "Claude watch out" I yelled and started running towards him, time slowed down again as I ran towards him, Mark flew past me looking at me strangely before grabbing Claude and flying away with him. 

I stopped myself allowing time to start again just in time to hear Claude mumble "Inscius" I saw a flow of orange light hit Brian as he fell like a bag of patatoes. "Ahh" Miss Glamure yelled before collapsing with a spear stuck in her chest. Lucinda appeared behind like a crazy lunatic, you know the ones that have been locked up like since forever, her hair was wet and her eyes had a certain amount of crazy in them making me step back. And that step was my downfall as I looked down, I stepped into the shadow pools.

I was looking into the eyes of the devil, and it was scary. It felt as if It was looking straight at me and showing me my deepest fears, I couldn't breathe and I felt as if I was dying. Mark flew down and grabbed my limp arms as I couldn't move anything anymore. I heard everything around me but I couldn't move on my own, "You killed me" I heard her say, "it was your fault" She repeated and I just nodded as tears were streaming down my face. But it felt as if something snapped me out of that and I shook my head, I raised my hand instinctively, "She died of a disease that took her energy everyday, we paid for every possible doctor but nothing worked. So it was out of my power but i'm not going to let it happen no more and you aren't fooling me!" I yelled as I let all the rage out of my body, suddenly my hand started to glow with a white light which made the shadow pools all vanish.

This made Lucinda angrier as she screamed in frustration, "LET ME GO!" She focused her anger on the Headmistress who seemingly had her body under control just like she did to me earlier. "Why now Lucinda, What do you want now?" Headmistress said. Mark put me down next to the rest of the injured group, making me feel so much better. "The queen wants them dead, but him she wants alive" Lucinda pointed at me. SERIOUSLY!! my eyes widened as both my hands started to glow it seemed like I wasn't the only one who was shocked. Lucinda's eyes widened and her huge smirk fell, instinctively I focused my hands together making a makeshift ball and threw it at her. Making her fly out of the window again, "Not again" I heard her scream. I turned to Andrew whose face was half burnt off, oehh why do I have the feeling i'm part responsible for that. I cringed at him as he looked at me with a certain look that seemed as if he had a mixture of sadness and pride but I couldn't figure it out. Brian was still passed out on the floor and Andrew didn't know whether to fight me or not, and just my luck because a swirl of black smoke appeared revealing a disheveled Lucinda "Morons he's getting more powerful we don't stand a chance" she grabbed Brian and they vanished as the black smoke swirled around them. Andrew gave me one last look and vanished through a grey portal. I felt exhausted, and I felt myself collapse allowing the darkness to take me over.

"They have to go underground, it isn't safe here for them anymore" A man said "No Claude they have to stay here, they aren't ready for the outside world" another man responded. "Alexander doesn't even know how much power he has, that fourteen year-old kid killed those shadow creatures with pure light exactly like...." I faded back into darkness. It didn't take long before I woke up in the exact same place I passed out, "So much for the whole you're one of us speech" I grunted. 

"He's awake" Darren screamed alerting everyone, "Where are we going?" I asked as I saw how everyone had bags with them "and how long was I out for" I asked and got no answer "Don't worry we got your backpack and expensive shoes" Mark answered giving me wink. 

"portam magicam in magicas tuta domus" Claude, Raven and Headmistress chanted together, before I knew it we appeared infront of the biggest mansion ever, which seemed so cool. In the distance you could even see this huge tower with the initials AP, hmm seems like that was the school, a school I went to for about a half a day. Oh the irony. Headmistress turned around and clapped her hands "Everybody welcome to the first safe house created to keep the seven safe, so you best get in their and clean your wounds and prepare for a greater battle to come, oh and Alexander open the door please" She nodded towards me as if I knew exactly what was happening, "Uhm listen lady, I just got thrown in here and to be honest I don't even have any power, plus you think a group of kids will be of any help. Look at us half of us are painfully injured to the point of broken bones" I pointed behind me as if I truly care about this group of strangers "and supposedly I'm supposed to be all powerful but I can't do squat and now you suppose I can open this wonderful sealed of gate to a place where we're supposedly safe?" I began to question everything that has happened so far and nothing seems to add up. Headmistress cleared her throat and moved a piece of wallplant to reveal a silver piece of plaque. 

"This is the House of Von Love, the first of ten safe houses. You are the only one to open the door" She acted as if my breakdown hadn't happened just then and I felt positively and utterly stupid at that moment. "You will be safe here for the time being young one, the Queen's minions are teaming up again and will do anything to prevent you from fulfilling that prophecy." she waved her hands around and a white envelop appeared, "Here this is everything that has been left to you" She smiled showing me that she knocked out a tooth before in the fight.

"The gates are sealed by blood and only blood can open it" Claude said while popping his arm back into his shoulder, Just as he said that Mark hit the gate and got electrocuted, "you wouldn't say" he coughed and shook his wings while Callissa rolled her eyes.

I took one step forward and just opened the gates as if it sensed my presence. Well this is going to be one hell of a ride. I thought to myself.

===

GOSH what was my writing horrible, but i'm working on it yo. 

I've been re-reading this book and tried to make enough loose ends....uhm not loose anymore xD

I even changed some parts of the story to give some characters more of a storyline. but I do hope you enjoy it yo so yeah thanks :D