"Yeah. I just need to quickly revise it and then send it to Mr. Romano," I replied, watching as he gave me a tired nod, before going back to the screen of my laptop.

"Also don't call my older cousin by his formal name. He doesn't deserve that kind of respect or luxury. Just call him Enzo or bastard as I do." James chuckled and I joined him soon after.

"I think I'll just go with Enzo, but thank you for the suggestion." Five minutes passed when I finished revising the document, typed in Enzo's email, and pressed the send button.

I moved my black folder to grab James' client list when I accidentally knocked over a couple of pens. Damn it! I reached down to pick up the pens and another hand met mine. Our hands touched and a small spark of electricity occurred.

I looked up and saw James' beautiful sparkly blue eyes. Our faces were so close that if either of us moved an inch, our lips would meet. A small moment of silence happened until I realized what was going on.

I pulled away and coughed, standing up rather quickly before wiping my hands on my pajama pants, "I'm just gonna go get a cup or water and I'll be back."

My hands shook as I grabbed a water bottle from the refrigerator. I couldn't believe James and I had almost kissed! I shouldn't be growing feelings for him or even having any connection with him. He was my boss and I was his personal assistant. Nothing more.

After taking a long sip of my water, I returned to the living room and found James half asleep with a pillow over his face. 

"The document has been sent. Do you need anything else," I asked, walking over to the coffee table and closing my laptop.

"No. That's all." James answered with a long yawn and sleepy tone of voice," But it is late and I should get going." He stood up and bent down to grab his briefcase. I knew I couldn't let James drive at 12:00 PM in this tired state he was in. He looks half asleep!

"Would you like to stay the night?" I found myself asking and quickly added, "On the couch I mean. You do look very tired and I don't think it's safe for you to drive."

"That's cute." James smirked, crossing his arms over his chest, displaying his very perfectly toned arms and greatly sculpted physique.

"You care about me," James paused causing a familiar warm feeling heat my face," But I can't stay. You should enjoy the rest of your weekend without me intruding."

"You can't drive at this time along with your sleepy state of mind. You could get in an accident and die, James. You don't know what could or will happen!" I continued to ramble on for what felt like five minutes, throwing my hands in the air and pacing back and forth.

"Okay! Okay! I'll stay until morning as long as you stop talking!" I smiled and nodded my head. That always worked on Camilla and some how I had a feeling it would work on James. They are just way too impatient and easily irritated.

"I am going to go get you some blankets and a pillow for you to sleep with. I'll be back," I told him before leaving towards the hallway closet.

I grabbed the two biggest fuzzy blanket I had and an extra pillow from the very top of the closet shelf. I came back into the living room to see James standing by the tv, looking at our movie selection.

"We can watch one if you want," I said to him while I sat the pillow and blankets on to the couch. James nodded and held a very familiar movie," I've never seen this movie before."

I walked over to James and took the Notebook movie case from his hands. "Perfect!" I exclaimed, quickly inserting the disc into the DVD player and grabbing the control.

I quickly pulled James' hand and led him to the big couch. We sat down and I handed him one of the soft black blankets. Once we were settled, I pressed the play button on the control and watched as the previews popped up on the screen.

The movie began a few minutes later and silence over took the living room, leaving only the sounds of the movie to be heard. A few minutes passed when James asked one of the most common guy questions that I had heard from Daniel.

"Is this a chick flick?"

I turned towards James and nodded my head," Yes this is a chick flick but it is one of the best romance movies in the world! Now hush!"

He chuckled and leaned back in his seat as he rested his arm around the back of the couch in the area of where I was sitting. I instinctively moved closer and laid my head against his broad shoulder.

I soon felt my eyes slowly start to droop and I shook my head, attempting to keep myself awake I'm order to watch the movie. But another wave of sleep came over me and I finally let my eyes close, unable to notice a blanket being placed over my body.

            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for not updating in SO LONG! I've been extremely busy with school work and this college trip I got invited to. I promise to update a lot quicker but I will not be updating the 28th - 31 of March due to me being on my college trip. Thank you for understanding and please comment what you think is going to happen next!

Vote, comment, and share! Next update will be next Friday!

Recommend this chapter to: whynotread24